- App Store Info
DescriptionOut now – VillageGuide for Bothal
Village guides are a unique new series of guides designed for the iPhone and iPad. They allow both the casual visitor and the long-time resident to have a fascinating insight into the past by telling the story of villages through text, audio and superb archive photographs.
Set in the North-East of England, they bring the region’s particular mix of industrial and medieval past to light in a way that traditional guidebooks cannot match. They also have very useful information for the visitor such as listing where to park or finding out where the nearest cash-point is. Plus you can also find out somewhere great to eat.
This village guide covers Bothal, describing over twenty fascinating buildings or sites to go and look at. It has over fifty photographs and illustrations, many of which are archive photos that are seldom seen and the story behind each site is available in twenty unique recordings to listen to and enjoy as you walk around and explore.
• Read about the siege of Bothal Castle.
• Discover hidden World War Two defences.
• Find out where the Queen Mother’s cousin and one of the richest women in England used to live.
• Learn about early industry in the area.
• Uncover the symbolism behind the War Memorial.
• Explore the old church and find out its hidden secrets.
I hope that you enjoy it and that it encourages you to try out other village guides in the series, such as Pegswood, Ashington or Choppington.