Magnus Kingdom of Chess
- App Store Info
Description"Magnus' Kingdom of Chess" is the fun way for children from 5 years old to learn chess and unleash their cognitive potential.
This groundbreaking game is the result of a collaboration between World Champion Magnus Carlsen and his team of chess experts at Play Magnus, and DragonBox; a pedagogy studio globally acclaimed for its unique math learning games.
No advertisements. No in-app purchases. Just peace of mind for parents that their kids are playing with a premium, world-class learning app.
- Learning how different pieces move and capture.
- Learning the notion of checkmate and simple checkmating patterns.
- Learning to complete simple tactical and strategic tasks.
- Intro to basic checkmating techniques against a lone king.
- Complete games versus a basic chess engine.
The main goal of "Magnus' Kingdom of Chess" is to introduce children to chess rules and strategies so they learn enough to transition to a real board.
Through a smooth progression, kids will be introduced to each chess pieces over six different worlds where players will meet Magnus Carlsen himself as well as a mysterious Prince. Step by step they will solve chess situations with more and more pieces, and apply more and more chess rules.
Once they complete the game they receive a diploma and they'll be ready to play against other children, family or at school, as well as playing with other apps from Play Magnus such as the Magnus trainer or Play Magnus.
About chess and its benefits
Over 600 million people all over the world play chess. It is a game played and enjoyed by all kinds of people, regardless of age, background, nationality or gender.
Across the world, chess is commonly used as a part of the curriculum because schools and teachers see the benefits chess can have on concentration, logical thinking, numeracy and social interaction. Educational studies have shown effects on both math and reading results among students.
What's New in Version 1.0.1This first update brings a few improvements:
- The logo now figures on the diploma preview, as you would see once you receive it!
- A few links were not correct or broken and got fixed
- We fixed a bug where you could get stuck at the end of battles