Harbour Master Review
- Expands on genre's gameplay.
- Have to play to unlock levels.
Harbour Master sets out to expand upon its genre of traffic management games. It presents a couple interesting additions but ultimately overextends itself.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Based on the simple and popular game design of Flight Control, Harbour Master is taking the formula and adding a couple new ideas to the gameplay. As the harbour master you have to direct ships into your ports, wait for their cargo to unload and then direct them away,.Any collisions, and it's game over.
The controls are simple. Drag a line to direct a ship, that's it. Sometimes you have to redirect ship paths to prevent a collision, but it's all part of the gameplay. Every piece of cargo you deliver counts towards unlocking a new harbour, but the requirements on some of the later levels require quite an amount of playtime. This falsely extends the playtime as you have to work towards levels that should probably be open to you at the beginning of the game.
The game's visuals and sounds are adequate. There is only the main game mode, but it is linked to an online leaderboard to test your harbour skills against everyone else out there.
If you're one of those people who enjoyed Flight Control, you might find some enjoyment in Harbour Master. By having to direct inward and outward traffic, there is more difficulty to the game (which raises with ships holding larger cargo), but it's missing the spark that Flight Control seems to possess.
DescriptionRelax and let the sounds of the sea transport you far away. You are the Harbor Master in a busy harbor. Direct boats into the docks, watch them unload their cargo, and direct them off the screen. But be careful not to let the boats crash, and watch out for the pirates, monsters, and cyclones!
This classic best-seller now has beautiful high resolution graphics for iPhone 4 Retina Display. It looks amazing! And don't miss the brand new level, Cargo City!
"New and Noteworthy," "Hot" -- Apple
"No questions, the single most addictive game I have ever played on the iPhone." -- The Appera
"You will absolutely love Harbor Master." -- The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
"Harbor Master may be the best pick up and play title in the App Store. " -- AppAdvice.com
#3 Top Paid App
- Seven exciting maps, each with its own challenges:
* Fishing Bay - A peaceful harbor to get you started.
* Cyclone Island - Careful, cyclones spin your ships around!
* Sturgeon Creek - Make sure the right cargo goes to the right port.
* Cannon Beach - Can you fight off the pirates with your trusty cannon?
* Smugglers' Reef - Help the smugglers unload their loot in the right port. How well can you multitask?
* Monster Cove - There's word that monsters haunt this harbor…
* NEW! Cargo City - Three cargo colors! Can you handle it?!
- Multitasking support
- Multiplayer! Compete with your friends via Bluetooth. Who will be the ultimate Harbor Master?
- Online leaderboards
- Original island soundtrack
- Beautiful high resolution graphics for Retina Display!
- The most addictive, fast-paced line-drawing action ever!
What's New in Version 2.1Game Center! Compete with your friends on 10 leaderboards, and earn up to 38 achievements!
Rewinds! Ever had an awesome game just to crash when you least expected it? Now you can undo that crash with a rewind! You can only use one rewind in a game, and you earn rewinds by playing more, so use them wisely!