Farm Frenzy Review
- Publisher: Alawar Entertainment, Inc
- Genre: Simulation
- Released: 13 Jul, 2009
- Size: 29.7 MB
- Price: $0.99
- Visuals are clear and players will not have any issues seeing over their farm.
- Gameplay is simple to learn and get used to.
- Gameplay can get a laggy at times, especially when two bears attack your farm.
- Touch sensitivity controls can often make mistakes, eg. Planting grass when trying to pick up an item.
- The game won’t let you play certain levels until you buy a specific upgrade, which is very frustrating.
This game is good if you enjoy trying to manage frantic gameplay, and at its current price is worth a look at. Otherwise, check the lite version first to see if you could get into it.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Farm Frenzy is a management strategy game where players must take control of a farmyard and fulfil each level's various tasks in the allotted time. Stars are earned based on the speed of which levels are finished and levels can be repeated for extra stars. Players earned stars can then be used to purchase new upgrades for their farms.
The controls are all touch and tap based, you control the all kinds of production by tapping on different buildings and order new animals by tapping on their pictures. You can also sell off eggs and other products for gold to buy more upgrades for that stage by using a sales cart. The controls are easy and allow players to concentrate more on the level goals.
The visuals look good and farmyard navigation is easy. The sound is fun and players can usually tell what’s happening by the sound effects. Players can also use their iPod during play, but have to turn off the game music or have two tracks overlap. This is a single player game, with no leaderboard or highscore options.
Farm Frenzy is not a game for everyone. For those who enjoy games that rely on micro management, then they will find something good in the game. However, if you don’t like the idea of organising farm operations and livestock, then you might want to try the lite version or even easier, just try a different game.
This application doesn't support iOS 8.0 !
Show Old MacDonald how it's done in this super fun arcade farming sim! From tending the fields where your cows graze to gathering eggs for sale at the town market, Farm Frenzy is as invigorating as the real thing!
WHAT THE MEDIA IS SAYING:
- The iPhone Games Network (Editor's Choice Award): "Farm Frenzy is a gem in the growing mountain of time management games. It offers fresh gameplay, long game life and a distinct graphical style."
- Slide to Play: "It's kid friendly!"
- News Shopper (scored 8 out of 10): "Harvests all of the raw materials of the time management format and turns them into a cute, fast-paced and fun game."
Become one with the soil as you cultivate your fields, feed your animals and gather the items they produce. You'll have to keep the bears away from your ducks, though, or you won't have any eggs to sell! You can spend the money you earn on upgrading your farm to churn out more products faster than before. Offering hours of point-and-click action, just enough strategy to keep things interesting and an amusing cast of characters, Farm Frenzy is a game the whole family can enjoy!
◇ Over 45 levels to beat
◇ Five animals to care for
◇ Nine farm products to sell
◇ Six buildings to purchase
STILL NOT CONVINCED? Try the lite version for FREE by searching for "Farm Frenzy Lite" in the App Store.
More fun games from Alawar:
- FARM FRENZY 2 – Enjoy a bumper crop of fun as you manage a wild and wacky farm!
- FARM FRENZY 2: PIZZA PARTY! – Return to the farm to create your favorite food!
- HOTEL MOGUL – Point-and-click fun that will have you laughing all the way to the bank!
- THE TREASURES OF MONTEZUMA – Trigger Power Totems in this dazzling match-three adventure!
For even more games, visit us at www.iphone.alawar.com!
FIND US in FACEBOOK: AlawarEntertainment
FOLLOW US in TWITTER: @AlawarMobile
Be the first to hear about our new games and awesome contests!