Zombies vs. Sheep Review
- Changing soundtrack to reinforce drama/mood of gameplay.
- Frantic and challenging shootouts make for addictive gameplay.
- The long level structures can be frustrating when you die near the end and must start the level from scratch.
- The shake to reload feature can be annoying and distracting when swarms of enemies are attacking.
This is a quirky shooter that is well worth the current price. And while it may have some minor issues, the concept and fun gameplay far outweigh them.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Zombies vs. Sheep is a shooting gallery type game, where the player takes control of a sheep and shoots zombies, bats and other nasties in order to survive. You dodge attacks, shoot enemies, collect coins and upgrade your sheep to take on the ever growing attacks of the undead.
You control your sheep by tilting the iPhone to move, shoot zombies by tapping the screen and shaking the iPhone or tapping a button to reload. The controls are simple to use and makes gameplay challenging when quickly changing direction to dodge attacks. You can upgrade your sheep at anytime, or wait for power-ups, such as the AK-47 to appear to make killing zombies easier.
The game has a western theme, which entitles gamers to moustached ‘bandito’ zombies and desert levels. The visuals themselves are well presented with a fun paper-cut out look. The sound is a mix of western style guitar that changes during boss fights to increase tension. Another feature is the OpenFeint online access, where you can post highscores, track game achievements or message friends or other players.
Zombies Vs Sheep is an addictive little game that builds on the formula of the ‘Space Invaders’ type shooter. The fun concept and simple gameplay makes for a fun experience and a welcomed change of the doom and gloom type zombie games.
DescriptionTap to shoot! Tilt to move! Shake to reload!
Check out the gameplay movie!
"This is easily one of the best casual games on the iPhone platform."
"The folks at Clickgamer.com put out a winner. It’s a lot of fun."
"Zombies vs. Sheep is a fun shooting gallery game worth a dollar of fun. Highlights are the controls, music and quickly ramping difficulty."
"Studio Radiolaris did a fantastic job on Zombies vs. Sheep"
"It’s a fun adventure and I strongly recommend checking it out.”
"It's awesomely creepy--and creepily awesome."
Zombies vs. Sheep is a frenetic tap-to-shoot game set in a mexican-themed shooting gallery. Your mission: Protect the sheep from incoming waves of zombies. As the evening gets darker you will face more and stronger enemies. You are the last hope of the sheep.
Move your sheep by tilting the phone. Shoot by tapping the enemies. Reload by quickly flicking the phone in any direction.
The game features 20 levels and can be played in survival or campaign mode. Be sure to upgrade your sheep in the store to be able to keep up!
• Unique cardboard cutout graphic style. Lively Mariachi-style soundtrack. Zombies vs. Sheep features intriguing gameplay and is easy to pick up.
• Shoot your shotgun by tapping on the screen. Pick up the assault rifle and spray the zombies, bats and phoenixes with bullets. Burn them with the flame thrower and set up chain reactions with dynamite.
• Survival mode gameplay featuring 20 levels of increasing difficulty. Face numerous different enemies and six epic boss fights.
• Campaign mode gameplay that saves your progress and allows you to optimize your strategy.
• Upgrade your sheep. Your sheep is too slow? You run out of bullets? Your sheep is nearly dead? Collect some coins and go to the shop to buy upgrades.
• OpenFeint 2.0 powered global leaderboards, achievements, friend lists, chat, facebook and twitter notifications, player walls and gamerscores.
From studio radiolaris, who brought you the popular music shoot’em up Radio Flare.
Follow the developers on Twitter: http://twitter.com/radiolaris
Scheduled Future Releases:
1.3 Peer2Peer VS game mode
1.4 "Halloween" level pack
the next update will also have local leaderboards!
What's New in Version 1.2- New level pack: The Graveyard
- Autoreload! How could you live without it?
- Three new enemy types and three new bosses
- Personal, friend and worldwide highscores for each stage
- Massive performance improvements & lots of bug fixes
- OpenFeint 2.1