Hero of Sparta Review
- The game has high quality visuals and sound.
- Good length for the story mode.
- Controls are very simple and easy to use.
- There is a delay between pressing the block button and Argos actually blocking, this can get annoying.
- Gameplay can get repetitive, as do most hack and slash games.
It seems that Gameloft has another great game in Hero of Sparta by following the trends set up by other great console games. This game is worth the current price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Hero of Sparta is an action adventure game where players take control of King Argos, a fierce Spartan warrior who like most fabled heroes, must embark on a dangerous and epic quest. The game takes you through various levels and putting you against legions of deadly mythical creatures, collecting power-ups, special items and upgrades.
The controls are quite effective and work well. You use an on screen joystick to move Argos and tap on the attack and defend buttons with your finger. The attack controls are fine but there seems to be a bit of a response delay when hitting the defend button. It’s not a big issue, but players will need to adjust and time their combat to defend effectively.
The visuals are fantastic and the game looks like it belongs on a handheld console. The sound is also very well done, and adds to the epic game content. Players cannot listen to their own iPod during gameplay, but the game’s sound is nothing to shake ones finger at. While there are no leaderboard or highscore options, players will still enjoy the game’s main story mode.
Hero of Sparta is a game for fans of God of War, with the two games sharing similar gameplay, story settings and enemy types. The gameplay itself is very fast paced and action oriented, and the quality of game production is impressive. So if you are a fan of Greek Mythology, God of War or a just great looking game, then Hero of Sparta would be well worth your time and money.
Description** Already acclaimed by the players and press **
- IGN, 9/10, Editor's Choice Award: “A thrilling action game loaded with cinematic flair”, “Make it one of your next downloads.”
- PocketGamer, 8/10, Silver Award: “One of the best iPhone games of the year.”
- SlideToPlay, 4/4 Must Have: “Great gameplay, innovative controls, high replay value, fun!”
You are King Argos, Spartan hero who’s unafraid of defying the gods themselves. Take up the maddest challenge in this colossal full-3D odyssey!
Let this epic action game take you from the depths of the Underworld to the summit of Olympus: be prepared for hours of gaming and visual enjoyment.
Plunge into the heart of action:
- iPhone-specific controls: move your hero with the virtual analogue stick and unleash his power by performing touch screen combos.
- Total 360° experience: move and fight freely in 3D through the 8 levels and their majestic environments.
- Face legions of enemies and the most phenomenal mythical creatures: Cerberus, the Cyclops and other foes worthy of your strength!
- 5 weapons to upgrade and fabulous items to collect. Draw your faithful sword, axe, bow, or twin blades!
It's your chance to write your own legend... if you can survive this mythic adventure.
For fans of action and hack 'n slash games. Other recommended games: Brother In Arms, Wild West Guns.
Follow Hero of Sparta on Twitter and be the first to know about exclusive news and updates, competitions, gifts, and more! http://twitter.com/HeroofSparta
Published and distributed by Gameloft.
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.