Krazy Kart Racing (US) Review
- Publisher: Konami Digital Entertainment
- Genre: Family
- Released: 3 Sep, 2009
- Size: 15.3 MB
- Price: $0.99
- A variety of different game modes to play.
- The option to use iPod during gameplay is available.
- An eclectic range of Konami characters to play as, including Silent Hill’s Pyramid Head.
- The controls can be a bit finicky at certain times; such as quick turns.
- The gameplay and power-ups are very similar to most other kart racing games.
There isn’t much that really stands out in this game and at its current price, you kind of expect there to be. Still, if you are a fan of kart racing games, then you will find something of value in Krazy Kart Racing.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Krazy Kart Racing is a cart racer game similar to Crash Nitro Racing. The game has players choosing a character and racing against other opponents in a number of different race circuits. Players must navigate the tracks and also pick up power-ups to attacks and defend from other racers.
The karts automatically accelerate but players will still need to steer, using the tilting motions of the iPhone and brake by tapping the brake button. As mentioned earlier, power-ups can be collected throughout the race. These can be used by tapping the power-up button located above the brakes.
The visuals are presented in full 3D and feature a number of different Konami characters to race as, such as Frogger. The game sound is decent, and players have the option to use their iPod during the game. The game features a number of modes, including single and multiplayer modes, as well as some fun battle modes.
Krazy Kart Racing is a decent game and would appeal to fans of the kart racing genre of games. The gameplay itself isn’t anything new or revolutionary, but some of the game modes make up for that; like the ‘Chicken’ battle mode. However, there is still enough content in here to keep players happy and entertained for a while.
DescriptionWon Operator's Choice Award at the 6th International Mobile Gaming Awards!!
Start your engines – the most extensive iPhone Kart Racing game of all times is now available! Get into your kart and experience the thrill of speed on 16 varied race tracks. Compete in 5 different singleplayer modes with 10 well-known Konami characters in 3D cartoon style or challenge up to 6 of your friends in local or internet wifi multiplayer mode. Use the countless extras to activate the nitro boost, slow down your opponents with obstacles and take the lead. Dynamic camera balancing helps you focus completely on racing, leading to an outstanding playability. Can you cross the finish line in first place?
• Red bells give you random weapons while blue bells always give you a speed boost. Consider the layout of the track ahead of you as well as your position in the race and select which bell to go for accordingly.
• If you are having problems completing a race, try it out with different characters. Some courses are made for high-speed, some are not.
• Save your boosts for the optimal moment. Sometimes you will be able to clear obstacles that would otherwise be impossible. It’s quicker to go over something than around it.
• If you have trouble staying on course try using Robbie the Rabbit. He's a bit slow but easiest to control.