Jungle Gems Review
- Players are able to continue their game if they exit the application.
- Players are able to use their iPod during gameplay.
- Controls are very hard to use.
- The scoring counts the number of gems you removed from the board, so highscores will be in the single or double digits.
- The grid spinning mechanic tends to spin a bit too fast making you miss shots regularly.
Jungle Gems is a stiff and annoying game and is just not worth the current price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Jungle Gems is a bubble shooter type game where players must shoot gems into a large rotating grid of gems. Your goal is to shoot into the grid matching up four or more gems of the same colour to clear them away.
You aim your gems by sliding your finger on the screen to adjust the angle and then tap the fire button on the gem itself to fire. As gems hit the grid, the entire grid will rotate allowing the player to access different sections throughout the game. While the controls are simple, they are very finicky and hard to use properly, making the game frustrating to play.
The visuals are adequate and the game's sound is restricted to sound effects, but players have the option to use their iPod during gameplay. The game features the one main game mode and has a local highscore menu only, with no online leaderboard options.
Jungle Gems is a game that while is conceptually fine, still needs work. The controls are hard to use, the scoring is very lacklustre and overall the game is not satisfying. There are too many issues with the game to make it a worthy and fun experience and consequently suffers because of that. You are better off looking at some of the other bubble shooter games available.
DescriptionNoted as "New and Noteworthy" by Apple!
Jungle Gems is like any of those bubble shooter type puzzle games but with a little twist - and a lot more fun.
Your goal is to clear the gems and to get as many points as possible. When you form a group of four or more similarly colored gems they will be dropped and you get one point for each dropped gem.
Touch once to aim and double tap to shoot. You can also shoot by touching the crosshairs at the bottom.
But be careful because the wheel will rotate when new gems hit it. The game ends if part of the wheel goes over the screen edges.
Jungle Gems is a simple game that never gets boring!
* game modes: 1, 2, 5 and 10 minutes or unlimited
* nice graphics
* simple sound effects that can be turned off
* possibility to listen music while playing
* high scores
* game will be saved when you receive a call (or just want to take a break and close the app)
What's New in Version 1.3New feature: Single tap shoot mode lets you shoot gems with a single tap instead of double tap. The menu now has preferences button.
Graphics now fully support retina displays.
Other minor improvements.