- A large number of game modes to play through.
- Wi-fi online multiplayer mode.
- Controls have a huge learning curve and can be quite difficult to use.
- The game contains no music, only sound effects.
Unfortunately, Aera’s impressive game content is let down by its difficult control scheme and is not worth the current price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Aera is a game that puts player into the cockpit of a small airplane as you progress through a number of levels. There isn’t much on offer in the way of story but the game does feature an impressive number of extra modes - such as races, token collection and dog fights with other planes.
The game is a temperamental beast when it comes to the control scheme. You will either have to invest a lot of time into learning how to use the tilt controls properly or put up with the frustration of trying to make the plane turn in the direction you want. Once you work them out its fine, but the controls have a long and difficult learning curve.
While the 3D graphics aren’t the smoothest available, they still look very well done. The sound is solid but is limited to sound effects only; fortunately players are free to use their iPod during gameplay. For the most part, the game is single player but there are Wi-fi multiplayer options for a competitive play.
Aera is a game that will evoke mixed emotions within players. On one hand, the game has a solid amount of content and some fun modes but on the other, the controls will severely limit your enjoyment of the game and make you curse the day you bought it. Unless you believe you can tame the wild and defiant controls, the game is not worth your time and money.
"I haven't seen more impressive 3D graphics in any other iPhone game; Aera is that good."
"Aera is the best flight simulator game in the App Store, and finally provides this wonderful experience to the everyday user."
"The flow of the game, along with the graphics are just beautiful. I have to say that Aera may be the first game of its kind that I think that I would want to fly around endlessly doing dogrolls and loops."
For gameplay videos please go to www.youtube.com/ichromo
Aera is casual flight simulator - flying game for everyone!!!
* Best looking flight game on iPhone/iPod!
* Unique mix of a side-scroller and a flight simulator
* Tilt LEFT/RIGHT to make your plane go UP/DOWN
* Great step-by-step tutorial, will get you flying in no time!
* Different mission types (Aerobatic/Solo, Dog-Fight, Race) plus bonus - Free Flight
* Advanced and carefully tuned physics simulation
* Controls specially designed for iPhone/iPod
* "TimeBack" feature - rewinds time to quickly retry after crashing - no need to start over again!
* Different Locations and Planes to fly
* All the environments are carefully modeled in 3D
* Advanced rendering techniques are used to produce very stylish visuals
* Video Replay - watch the mission after you played it; change angles, pause, and more!
* Fast loading times
* Local WiFi MultiPlayer Game (Duel and Capture the Flag)
* The game was in full-time development for over 7 months!
Essentially, Aera can be defined as casual 2.5D flight simulator.
Playing Aera is like riding a bicycle - you have to practice a little in the beginning, and than it's LOTS of fun.
This is flying game for everyone!!!
IMPORTANT: please unplug your iPhone/iPod from computer when playing Aera, otherwise game can freeze occasionally; this issue is being addressed, will be fixed in the update.
If you have problems with controlling the plane - do invert the controls from CONFIG