Adrenaline Golf Online Review
- The graphics are great, using full graphic power of 3GS.
- The courses are well designed and challenging.
- The multiplayer aspect will keep you coming back.
- Controls are sometimes a little too sensitive.
- There may be occasional frame rate drops.
- No fast forward option, meaning you must watch your ball roll to a stop before taking a new shot.
Overall this is a great game for fans of putt putt, or people who like multiplayer games.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Golf games have been gaining popularity recently, especially in the appstore. The latest one to catch our attention is from develepors Eurocentre with their offering Adrenaline Golf Online. It is an addictive putt putt game with a focus on multiplayer.
Adrenaline Golf offers four 18 hole courses to play through in multiple modes. There is Classic where you play traditional rules, trying to sink your ball in as few strokes possible, but there is also Star Hunter, where you have the additional goal of collecting stars along the way. Crazy Challenge has you starting with 7 strokes, rewatrding you with 3 extra strokes for every hole you complete, and Multiplayer is the online mode where you can challenge other people.
The graphics are suberb, with this being the first app to utilise the full graphic capabilities of the 3GS. The courses look great with this power and you may find yourself admiring the water effects rather than rushing through the levels. The audio offers a variety of pleasant tunes for each course, which range from beaches to volcanos. There is no option to use your iPod during gameplay, but it is not really missed.
The controls work well for the most part, with two control options available. You can choose to set the power of your shot and then tap the golf ball, or you can use the flick controls. Both work fine, but aiming the direction of your shot is a little sensitive. This game can be highly recommended for golf fans, or those with a competitve streak.
DescriptionNow with Game Center support - invite your friends to play and enter the leaderboards!
iPhone4 Retina display with high-resolution graphics!
Watch beautiful water reflection in high detailed 3D environments!
Runs also super-fluid on iPods & iPhone 2G/3G and shows OpenGL shader effects on 3GS, iPod 3G or better.
*** Featured by Apple in many countries ***
AppAdvice Daily: There's nothing else out there like it, and especially not on Game Center."
Appmodo.com: "Overall, I absolutley loved this game! I have not a bad word to say about this app. All the elements put together made beautiful scenery, relaxing music, and simple gameplay. The addition of the online challenges open up the game to endless and varying competition. Highly recommended is this app, worth every cent."
Play 72 beautiful courses in 3 different game modes that never get boring. Play golf online with players from around the world, capture stars and send them to the opponents to make their life harder. Adrenaline Golf is pure fun and will keep you busy for a long time. It's easy to learn, but very challenging especially in online mode. Recommended for everyone who likes sports games, especial pool and mini golf.
- Real-time physics engine with many interactive objects including beach balls, moving platforms, wind and ventilators, trampolines, bumpers, cannons and more
- 4 environments (beach, forest, night, lava) with each 18 courses, making it a total of 72 completely different holes
- The most realistic game on iPhone: using the latest OpenGL technology in 3GS to generate water reflection
- Very fast: 20+ frames per second even on old generation iPods and iPhones
- Customizable controls: easy mode with power slider, and expert mode with swipe-to-shoot for intuitive controls
- 3 game modes: Classic for playing the courses for fun, Star Hunter where you need to collect all stars before the hole will be unlocked, and Crazy Challenge where you only have a limited number of strokes to complete the courses
- Instant real-time online play: you will always find opponents in a second
- Online mode with many bonuses like in popular Kart games - you can send the bonuses to your opponents to make their balls bigger, heavier, bouncing, add wind or convert them into a box
New in version 1.1: Zoom, the balls stops sooner and the controls have been improved!