Earthworm Jim Review
- True port of the original game; story mode is exactly how you remember it.
- Improved graphics and sound.
- Players are able to use their iPod during gameplay.
- Players who are unfamiliar with the original might not appreciate this version as much as a fan.
- The game is still quite hard to play through.
- The controls work well but aren’t flawless.
If you were ever a fan of the original game, then don’t hesitate in buying this game; it’s Groooooooovy!
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Fans of the classic Sega Genesis game rejoice, because Earthworm Jim has hit the iPhone! The game is exactly how you remember it; players take control of Earthworm Jim as he must travel across various different levels fighting a number of enemies and super villains in order to save the lovely Princess What’s-Her-Name.
Players control Jim by using the on-screen D-Pad and the three action buttons; Shoot, Jump/Glide and Whip. Players will have to use all three to explore and make their way through each level in the game. Players also have the option to change up the controls from a D-Pad to a joystick controller, to suit any personal preference a player may have.
While the visuals remain the same, they have undergone a slight upgrade and look terrific. The sound has also been tweaked and improved but players can now use their iPod during gameplay in the form of a custom music player. The game remains to be single player only and consisting of the main story mode.
This port of the 1994 classic run and gun platformer remains true to the original with updated graphics, sound and all the twisted and bizarre humour still in tact. If you’re new to the franchise, then you might not appreciate what’s on offer as much as a fan would. But ultimately, there isn’t much wrong with the game and various additions, such as the music player, make for welcomed additions to the already thoroughly entertaining platformer gameplay.
DescriptionGrooooovy! One of the all-time most iconic video game characters is now coming to iPhone & iPod touch!
**Pocket Gamer: 8/10 + Silver Award - "a first-class conversion of one of the all-time great games"
Live or re-live the freaky adventures of Earthworm Jim in a refreshing remake of the classic action/platform game.
Jim was an ordinary earthworm who did very earthworm-like things. One day, during a battle in outer-space, a suit dropped to Earth and landed on Jim, mutating him into a large and intelligent (at least by earthworm standards) superhero. When Jim learns of the evil plans of Psy-Crow and Queen Slug-for-a-Butt, he decides to rescue Princess What's-Her-Name.
Play as the grooviest earthworm in the galaxy, and explore a crazy universe that offers huge gameplay possibilities:
- Run, gun, swing from hooks with your head, launch cows, bungee jump, rocket through speed levels and more.
- Face 12 types of enemies and 9 bosses.
- 4 different styles of gameplay: Side-scrolling run & gun, space racing, bungee jumping and underwater levels
- 10 original environments divided into 16 levels
- 4 levels of difficulty – including the challenging mode of the original game
- The re-mastered cult soundtrack
- iPod library access to play your favorite tracks while playing the game.
Follow us on Twitter for more information: www.twitter.com/EarthwormjimHD
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.