Grim Joggers Review
- Appealing and twisted sense of humor.
- Three unique environments increasing in challenge and individual hazards.
- Great achievement integration with Game Center; easy to view and track in-game.
- Random level generation can interact poorly with the loose control you have over your pack of runners.
Unless you're driven insane by the idea of playing another endless runner, you should definitely take the time to enjoy Grim Joggers, if only to experience the random madness of trying to keep everyone alive as long as possible.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Given the overwhelming amount of endless runners over the last year I thought it would be a long time before I'd be able to recapture the joy of exploring dangerous environments while showing off my precise skills in timing. After loading up Grim Joggers by 10tons I realized how wrong I was as I immediately devoured this game whole.
Grim Joggers seems to hit all the right buttons when it comes to eliciting a smile as you begin your perilous journey with a pack of health-obsessed nuts that are willing to take a stroll through hazardous forests, caves and frozen tundra. Much like any endless runner, tapping the screen will allow you to jump, holding down to jump higher and tapping again mid-air to perform a double-jump. The trick in all of this is in keeping as many of your joggers alive as they mimic your maneuvers as best as possible, though you're bound to lose a handful now and then to the various hazard in each area.
It's this mechanic of surviving for as long as possible with multiple joggers in tow that sets Grim Joggers apart from anyone else as your score is multiplied significantly by each runner that passes a checkpoint. However you can't help but laugh when you realize that double-jump you performed at the head of the pack will cause someone at the back to hit a spike on the roof or a barely-cleared jump results in a handful of people plummeting to their demise. Should you kill everyone off except for yourself the game changes gears with the music switching tempo to place the pressure on you to survive.
The only real downside to Grim Joggers is in its randomized level designs that can make hunting for achievements a true test of patience and skill. Still, it's surprising to find that something as simple as adding multiple 'runners' can change the dynamic in such a refreshing way and if you felt like you were burned out on endless runners this is definitely still worth checking out.
Description”Some people just jog in the wrong place at the wrong time.” - Coach Goreman
REVIEWS & HIGHLIGHTS
- Reached endless runner Top 5 in Quality Index iPhone ranking
- Reached App Store iPad arcade game Top 10 in 30 countries, including US
- Reached App Store iPad game Top 10 in 10 countries, including UK
- Reached App Store game 1st place in Germany, Italy and three more countries during June 2012 free campaign
"For a small game like this, it’s quite impressive that you can get so much from it. " (10/10 Perfect)
"The fantastic scoring system and randomly generated levels give the game a ton of replay value."
"Super Cool! 5/5"
"Grim Joggers, a new entry into the genre, brings us something we haven’t seen before: danger-loving health nuts."
Lead a group of fifteen joggers as far as possible before each of them faces a gruesome end in this superbly orininal endless runner! Jogging becomes bloodsport in this arcade style survival game with Game Center leaderboards and achievements.
- Five unique worlds: Jungle, Mines, Glacier, Battlefield and Aliens
- Countless ways to die
- Universal App, works on iPad and iPhone
- More than three dozen Game Center achievements
- Game Center leaderboards
- Probably the most brutal jogging game ever
- Easy to learn controls
- Fun for jogging lovers and haters
Battlefield Bodybuilding video:
The trailer (with polar bears):