Boxed In 2 Review
- Players are able to use their iPod during gameplay.
- The game’s 50 levels will keep you busy for a while.
- Players have two control schemes to choose from.
- The visual presentation hasn’t changed since the first Boxed In game; is still quite simplistic.
- No scoring system or leaderboard options to rank player skills.
- The gameplay is quite slow; you might get bored playing it.
Boxed In 2 gives you some enjoyable gameplay but the appeal of the game might not as long as you’d like.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Boxed In 2 is a puzzle game where players must get their small robot to the exit of each level by manoeuvring boxes and opening up different gates to clear a path. Players can only push boxes and it’s up to them to think out each move as they may need to restart the puzzle if they make a mistake.
You control your robot by flicking the iPhone screen in the direction you want him to move. Alternatively, you can turn on a d-pad option in the main menu instead. While players must be careful not to make any mistakes, they do have one undo move per level in case they do make a single error.
The visuals are quite simple but won’t take your breath away. The robotic and spacey soundtrack is well done but players can use their iPod as an alternative once they turn the game sound off. The game features 50 levels to work through but there is no scoring system. So once players finish all the levels, there are no options to repeat them for a better score or spot on the leaderboards.
Boxed In 2 is a decent puzzle game but has some room for improvement. The gameplay is challenging but without any type of scoring or leaderboard options is a little mundane. The gameplay is entertaining but you won’t find yourself dying to keep playing. But if you enjoy games like Crystal Cave Classic then you might enjoy what’s on offer in Boxed In 2.
DescriptionBoxed In 2 is a unique and challenging puzzle game designed specifically for the iPhone and iPod touch. MILLIONS of people enjoyed the first Boxed In game which spent a week as the #1 app in the US, Canada, Finland, and many other countries.
Boxed In is currently featured in Becket's 'Guide to Phone Apps' magazine (p. 18) under the top 20 mobile games! 5 out of 5 stars. "This game will improve the way your brain thinks."
"Soon to be a #1 seller in Apple’s App Store, 'Boxed In 2' is an amazing array of everyone’s favorite box-moving robot at work again with improved graphics combined with some incredibly catchy background music. There are now sound effects, epic tunes and more mystical mazes than ever." - AppleGazette.com
Boxed In 2 is a logic based puzzle game in which you guide a robot through each level with your finger. The challenge comes from the boxes obstructing your path. Push boxes in the correct order to reach a level’s end. Be careful! You can’t pull boxes and you can’t push boxes if something is on the other side of them. Extra puzzle elements come into play by pushing boxes on to floor switches to deactivate forcefields allowing you to pass through them and progress. Sound simple? =) … It gets tough! Real tough!
* 50 New Increasingly Difficult Handmade Levels
* Original Music & Sound Effects That Compliment The Unique, Challenging Gameplay.
* Auto-Save Functionality
* Sounds Options To Disable Music/Sound. (Disable Sound To Listen To Your iPod While You Play)
* A Simple Intuitive Interface (swipe to move)
* Optional Directional Pad For Movement
* Ability To Move The Main Interface To The Top Or Bottom Of The Screen
* Quickly Reset A Level If You Get Stuck
* Undo Button To Undo Your Last Move
* Designed Specifically For The iPhone & iPod Touch
* Many Hours Of Gameplay
Fans of logic will be entertained for many hours!
We appreciate any feedback you may have. We are continuously working on new features and updates! We never rest! =)
Enjoy Boxed In? You'll love Relix! I handcrafted some of the levels for this challenging new puzzle game! Search for 'Relix' on the app store!
What's New in Version 1.1* Boxed In 3 is NOW AVAILABLE! Created an in-game Boxed In 3 link.
* Fixed miscellaneous bugs.
* Tested for iOS 4 compatibility