Ferrari GT: Evolution Review
- 33 original Ferrari models to choose from and drive.
- A decent amount of game modes to play.
- The visuals look quite good.
- The Ferrari engine roar isn’t quite right.
- The controls are somewhat temperamental.
- No iPod music options are available.
If you’ve wanted a Ferrari more than anything else, then this is the way to go and for a fraction of the price. But if you’re not mad about Ferraris then this game may be worth buying.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Ferrari GT Evolution is a clone of Forza 2 for the iPhone, featuring an exclusive line-up of Ferraris. The game features a number of different game modes and allows players the chance to get behind the wheel of a large selection of some of the greatest sports cars ever made.
You control your Ferrari by using the two on screen pedals to accelerate and brake while you steer by tilting the iPhone from side to side. The controls are simple, but often hard to use effectively. Steering is too sensitive and not sensitive enough at the same time, which can frustrate players. And it’s quite easy to go into a drift when you are trying to brake and slow down for a corner.
The visuals look good and are presented in full 3D. The sound is decent enough quality, but the distinct roar of the Ferrari hasn’t quite been captured. Also players are unable to use their iPod during gameplay, but hopefully this can be fixed with an update. The game has a number of different game modes including Career, Quick Race and Multiplayer.
Ferrari GT Evolution is definitely a game for Ferrari buffs. The range of 33 authentic Ferrari models, both old and new, will well and truly fulfil any fantasy you might have about owning a car worth half a million dollars. There are some control issues, and the sound is a bit of a let down, but there are still some fun game modes to play that will give you your Ferrari ‘fix’.
DescriptionJoin the elite circle of Ferrari car owners and take part in exclusive races around the globe in the truest and most immersive racing game on iPhone.
• 33 authentic Ferrari car models: the new Ferrari California, F430, Enzo Ferrari, F40, Testarossa, 250 GTO, and more.
• A multiplayer mode to challenge your friends in heated car races.
• 3 control modes (including motion detection) for varied and realistic driving sensations.
• Complete courses on a circuit to obtain your driver’s license.
• Great sense of freedom as you travel across 7 famous cities (Madrid, Athens, etc.) choosing your own path at every crossroad.
Make your dream come true... drive your own Ferrari car.
In the next update: An online multiplayer mode to face drivers from all over the world.
Recommended for fans of car games such as: Asphalt 4, Need for Speed Undercover, Crash Nitro Kart, Moto Chaser, Raging Thunder, and Cro-Mag Rally.
To ensure optimal functioning of this driving game, please make sure to reset your iPhone or iPod touch (hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for 10-15 seconds) after installing this game. Once your iPhone or your iPod touch has restarted, you can run the game normally.
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.