- Players are able to continue their games if they exit the application.
- The game features some humorous sound effects and gives players iPod access.
- The line drawing/spell casting controls work quite well.
- There is a large difficulty wall that you’ll hit at one point or another.
- While there are three game modes to play, they are all quite similar.
- Highscore options can only be accessed by OpenFeint.
Monster Kill is an enjoyable experience with a few decent game options but might become quite frustrate you when the difficulty jumps up steeply.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Monster Kill is a tower defence style game where players are matched against a slew of classic movie monsters as they try to smash through a small gate at the base of the level. Players will dispose of the creatures of the night using a number of different magic attacks that are cast using the unique touch screen controls.
Players will start off with a basic slash spell to cut monsters in half by drawing a line on the screen. As you progress further, you’ll also unlock new spells that you’ll need to use in order to defeat certain enemies. For example, mummies can be killed by any attack but vampires can only be killed with a lightning bolt spell.
The 3D visuals are very smooth and players are given some variation in gameplay by the changing level designs and environments. The monster’s sound effects and speech are quite humorous and players have access to their iPod during the game. There are three game modes to play, each with leaderboard and achievement access via OpenFeint, but they’re all quite similar and the minor variations might not dazzle you as much as you’d like.
Monster Kill is an enjoyable line drawing/tower defence game but might frustrate players at times. There is a large difficulty wall that you’ll hit at some point where you’ll be unable to keep up with the large swarm of enemies rushing towards you but if you love mixed genre games and are looking for something to kill some time with, then Monster Kill is a good place to start.
DescriptionThey're cute, they're cheeky - you just want to slice the life out of the little monsters!
Hordes of tiny terrors have broken free of their chains and are running amok!
• The Mummy aka The Geezer
• Count Dracula aka Vlad
• Werewolf aka Scott
• Frankenstein aka Frankie
... you've a few tricks up your sleeve to deal with these guys:
Summon a variety of spells as you battle against these classic mini-monsters.
• Slice and dice them - cut them in two with the cut spell!
• Summon lightning - give them a shocking experience!
• Turn up the heat by casting fireballs - watch 'em burn!
• Need to slow them? Sculpt an ice block to stun them!
• Simple gesture system to summon spells
• Stunning characters, animation, backgrounds & fx
• Multiple game modes: Normal, Endless & Onslaught!
• GameCenter for online high scores & achievements!
• Awesome music & sound effects by Earcom!
or check out http://www.origin8.com/monsterkill
"Overall, it is obvious this game was designed masterfully as the graphics and gameplay are well-done."
"Awesome death animations...Great game modes for extended replay...Strategy elements...Halloween Theme"
"...MonsterKill is a great game that is fun and has great graphics..."
"If you’re like me, there are two things in this world you can’t live without – castle defense games and zombies. With MonsterKill you get a fresh new way to defend your castle against zombies, vampires, werewolves and Frankenstein monsters. Sounds perfect? It is!"
"If you are into castle defense games, MonsterKill is absolutely worth a look"
What's New in Version 1.5.0- GameCenter replacing OpenFeint for leaderboards & achievements (Due to OpenFeint ceasing to exist soon).
- iOS 6 compatibility