Real Soccer 2010 Review
- A ton of gameplay modes and features.
- Online multiplayer options.
- The game’s controls are simple and easy to use.
- The commentary track can be quite poor at times.
While the game price may seem a bit steep, if you love your soccer then Real Soccer 2010 is certainly worth the price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Real Soccer 2010 is a soccer game for the iPhone and, like most sports games, is the predecessor of a previous version. With a variety of game modes to play through and a number of real world teams and clubs to play as, players are exposed to a large amount of game content.
Players control their teams by using the joystick to move and pressing A and B buttons to pass and kick the ball. When defending, however, players use the A button to attack and try to gain possession of the ball. There is a full tutorial mode to help you when starting but you’ll get the hang of things after a short while.
The 3D visuals look great and run smoothly. The sound is average and the commentary track can be downright bad at times but players can turn on their iPod at anytime using the music player button. The game features a wide range of different modes including RF League, Club Master, Enter the Legend, Exhibition, local and online multiplayer and a custom team editor mode.
Real Soccer 2010 is a game that seems to be purely for the soccer fans but will win over non-fans as well. The amount of content available in this game seems too big for the iPhone but that can hardly be considered a negative. And although the game’s moderate price may deter some players, the price is right for what’s on offer - a well polished and worthwhile soccer game.
DescriptionReal Soccer - the #1 soccer game on the App Store - is back for the most exciting season yet!
The 2009 edition was acclaimed by the press and players. With its new graphics, controls, game modes and online features, the 2010 opus is raising the stakes even higher.
*** “Real Soccer 2010 looks to be not only a worthy sequel, but a game that will raise the bar for iPhone sports games across the industry.” - macworld.com
*** “Real Soccer continues to get the gold medal for soccer games on iPhone.” - jmobil.fr
*** “When I say it’s absolutely awesome, I mean it really is! Look at the graphics!” - sincelular.com
*** “What I like the best are the features dealing with the Internet: multiplayer, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, posting your videos on YouTube and updating the player database.” - actualidadiphone.com
EVEN MORE CONTENT
- 8 leagues, 245 teams and real players’ names thanks to the FIFPro license
- Voice commentary for a TV-like broadcast of the match
- 14 stadiums entirely modeled in 3D to the slightest detail
THE ONLY SOCCER GAME WITH AN ONLINE MULTIPLAYER MODE
- Go head-to-head with friends online (Wi-Fi) or in local mode (Bluetooth + Wi-Fi).
- Take part in official matches with Gameloft LIVE! to improve your ranking.
NEW GAME MODES
- Enter The Legend: Play as your favorite player on the field during the whole match and manage your career as a pro soccer star
- Club Master: Take part in a whole season with your favorite team and strengthen it through trades
- RS League: Online leaderboard to compare your performance with other Real Soccer players over the world
EXCLUSIVE YOUTUBE VIDEO UPLOAD
Upload your best replays directly to YouTube, rate the videos of the community on www.realsoccer2010.com and try to be selected for the Top 10 of the month.
SOCCER RSS FEED
Soccer RSS feed to get all the latest soccer scores directly from the game’s main menu.
ONLINE UPDATE OF THE DATABASE
Download the most recent players database to always keep your game up to date with the latest transfer news.
- New direction pad for a more precise soccer experience.
- Easily select your player by touching him on the screen.
Get ready for a total soccer experience!
Are you a soccer fan, or want to know everything about this game? Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/real__soccer.
Become a fan of Gameloft on Facebook: www.facebook.com/gameloft
Online experience may vary depending on the quality of your Wi-Fi network connection.
Optimized graphics on the 3GS and on the 3rd generation iPod touch.
Published and developed by Gameloft.
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.