Snow Moto Racing Review
- Good handling in a unique environment.
- Simple controls and decent physics.
- OS 3.0 Playlist support.
- Local bluetooth multiplayer.
- Limited size means repetitive environments.
- Only a handful of tracks available.
It'd be great to see Resolution Interactive taking that big step forward and pushing all of their racing ideas in to one big game or in the least really pushing themselves in any one of the environments they've explored. Snow Moto Racing isl a unique experience to try.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Snow Moto Racing is the self proclaimed first snowmobile racing game available on the App Store by Resolution Interactive, but can this bite-sized racer compete against its bigger brothers?
The controls are mostly tilt-based, using touches for performing stunts and other minor actions. Turning feels really nice though it may take a bit of initial adjustment to get used to what feels like two-levels of sensitivity while turning. Snow isn't the most common terrain for a racing game to situate itself in, so the odd feel is probably a result of using a similar physics simulator from their previous jet-ski racing game.
Snow Moto only weighs in at around 10mb but still packs some sharp textures and well designed 3D environments. The game uses "elastic" AI for the drivers that can be adjusted to your choice of difficulty in the options. While racing you also have the opportunity to perform "tricks" to boost your speed, but pulling them off can be difficult and the animations are cut off mid-way if you happen to land too early.
Resolution Interactive have specialized in making racers for the App Store and their pedigree shows. Snow Moto Racing is a solid racer that showcases a new racing environment though it doesn't bring anything special to racers in general. For racing fans after something unique this is a great racer to try.
DescriptionDohi Entertainment are proud to present Snow Moto Racing, the first snowmobile racing game on the iPhone/iPod Touch platform.
Experience the thrill of high-speed snowmobile racing while carving your path through beautiful winter landscapes.
Perform stunts to trigger speed boosts that will give you the edge when racing against your opponents.
Challenge your friends and race head-to-head for glory in the new multiplayer mode with up to 4 players.
- 28 Unique Race Tracks
- Easy-To-Use and responsive controls
- Dynamic Opponent Difficulty
- Local Multiplayer via WiFi or Bluetooth
- 16 Achievements to unlock
- Hidden Bonus Game Mode
- Download directly to iPhone via 3G
Follow us on Facebook
Support, Promo Codes, Press Releases and Game Updates
For all our games, see:
What's New in Version 3.0We're bringing you a major update packed with improvements.
Many of you have asked for more maps to play on. We've heard you and are now tripling the amount of tracks that you can race on.
So put your helmet on and get into the race against your friends.
- 16 new levels released in two separate level packs.
- Added ability to unlock more Snow Mobiles to drive. Each with its own pros and cons.
- Full BladePad support with info-view to show key-bindings.
- GameCenter support, replacing the old profile system.
- Focused effort to improve performance significantly.
- Texts and images in mirrored mode now displays correctly.
- Improved UI to select mirrored levels.
- Improved iTunes music playback. In-game button access to the library replaced in favor of relying on the native music player. Giving support to more music systems than iTunes.
- New fancy app icon
- Fixed graphical issue with rotating the device when the game is paused.
- Fixed several issues related to stability and user interface.
Thanks to all our fans who encourage us with five star ratings! Keep it up and we'll keep the updates coming.