- The silly visuals and sound give the game a lot of personality and charm.
- Players can submit and track highscores online via OpenFeint.
- The game has plenty of levels and replay value to keep players busy.
- You might hit a difficulty wall every now and then as some levels can be incredibly challenging.
- Players cannot continue levels mid game if they exit the application.
If you like fun, quick play games then Arachnadoodle is a great purchase and well worth the current price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Arachnadoodle is a quirky puzzle game that allows players the chance to live out any life long dreams to be an arachnid. You play as a goofy little spider who must build a web using the small pins in each level as a frame in order to catch the oncoming waves of flies. You must complete your web by using all of the pins or else you risk losing your lunch and ending the game.
Players jump around madly to spin their web by tapping and dragging out a direction they want the spider to jump. You’ll need to build the strongest web possible by linking each pin to as many other pins as you can with the limited amount of jumps you have. There are also a ton of different score multipliers and power-ups featured in the game, all of which can change the action quite dramatically.
The game has a ton of personality thanks to the well designed, oddball visuals. The sound design also plays a big part in the game’s charm and offers players iPod access during gameplay as well. The game does offer players one main mode of around 36 levels, but highscores can be submitted online via OpenFeint access.
Arachnadoodle is a surprisingly addictive little title that puzzle fans will love. The required balance between hitting all the pins and making the strongest web possible makes the gameplay really enjoyable. You might get stuck or have to compromise your highscore in order to pass some harder levels but if you’re up for the challenge, you won’t regret your purchase.
Description"We recommend that you jump on this one immediately, you won’t regret it."
"Arachnadoodle comes out and exceeds all expectations...They’ve opted for pure arcade goodness and boy did they deliver."
"Arachnadoodle is definitely a hidden gem on the App Store, combining many tried and true gameplay elements in to a very fun iPhone game that I highly recommend downloading."
Fire Boris the spider around the screen, connect the pins and make a web. Then watch as the flies whiz past and get caught in the web. The better the web, the more flies you’ll catch. It isn’t rocket science, but it’s a lot of fun!
You will find Arachnadoodle hard to put down and as you spin your way through its 32 levels you’ll encounter all sorts of obstacles in your quest for flies including exploding bugs, point scoring and extra throw flies and spider frying lightbulbs!
With 32 rooms, over eight houses to explore you will be spinning webs for a very long time to come.
• 32 Levels of instantly addictive web slinging action
• Hit bonus score and extra throw flies as you whiz around the screen
• Refine your arachnid throwing habits and use elastic and bumper pins to max out your scores
• Death Head Bugs, Spark Head Bugs, and electrocuting light bulbs add to the danger
• Open Feint integration, high score tables and achievements
• Use furniture and objects strategically to score even more
• Hit as many pins as possible and build the wickedest web of all
"I can heartily recommend that this game be picked up by everyone. At only $0.99/£0.59, this game offers a lot of entertainment for your money. And you don’t want Boris to go hungry, do you?"
"In this addictive game will keep you playing for hours, I had to drag myself away to write this review"