- The dynamic visuals make for some fun and exciting gameplay.
- Great concept to use two paddles simultaneously.
- Harder levels feature different creatures and obstacles that players must deal with.
- The controls themselves are a little clunky and difficult to use.
- Player energy (health system) is a bit too small.
If you love your brick breaker games, and don’t mind paying game’s moderate price, then there’s some decent gameplay waiting for you in Breakspin.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Breakspin is a brick breaker type game with a few creative twists. While players still need to smash all the little gems in order to finish the levels, players now control two paddles on either side of the gems that can be moved independently of each other. Meaning players have more of a chance to hit that last pesky gem.
You control the two paddles by using each of your thumbs to slide along the bars on the side of the iPhone screen and tap the middle of the screen to launch the ball. Players also have the option of switching to a traditional single paddle control scheme. There also certain temporary upgrades that can be used once the player fills their biohazard meter.
The visuals are by far the best aspect of the game. The vibrant and psychedelic 3D visuals never leave gameplay looking dull. The sound is also well done and players are can use their iPod during the game. The main game mode is single player with leaderboard and achievement options, but there is also Bluetooth multiplayer mode available.
While Breakspin is a real sensory treat, it seems to be a bit underachieved. The dual paddle controls are a great and inventive addition but they don’t seem to work as well as you’d like them to. And because of the fast paced action of the game, you need to rely on your controls and not hope for the best. However, if you love brick breaker style games, you may be able to appreciate the originality of Breakspin and have some fun with it.
DescriptionBREAK OUT OF THE ARCADE RUT WITH BREAKSPIN!
"Disney is known for its iconic characters and legendary films so no wonder that Breakspin comes off as a highly polished, playable game. A brick breaker variant, this game looks and sounds extremely well put together incorporating beautiful visuals and a terrific array of music."
"...Overall, Breakspin is an awesome game that packs originality, powerful graphics, and a unique control scheme that is guaranteed to offer hours of entertainment for all ages."
"Overall Breakspin is a pretty awesome game. The graphics are gorgeous and the gameplay can get addicting..."
In a new twist on classic gameplay, BREAKSPIN delivers 360 degrees of action as you battle energy fields with super-charged paddles around a circular field of specialized gems. Your goal is to destroy all the gems. Unleash cosmic creatures, collect bonuses and challenge friends in this explosive game of skill!
BREAKSPIN is loaded with features:
• Compare and rank your progress on network leaderboards
• Explore dozens of unique levels, each with a different theme and size
• Unlock 50 achievements as a reward for your excellence
• Create buddy lists to track friends
• Discover creatures, some friendly like the Helper — some hostile like the Thief
• Collect cool bonuses like the Mega Ball, Halo and Plasma Burn
• Activate Biohazard abilities such as Time Bomb, Energy Shield and Sonic Boom
• Play against your friends with Bluetooth Multiplayer
• Now includes a Level Editor where you can create your own challenge!
BREAKSPIN’S energized gameplay is fueled by spectacular graphics and cool music. You also have the power to play your iTunes® library in the game. With so much to offer, put BREAKSPIN at the top of your gaming playlist!
What's New in Version 1.5Now you can share BREAKSPIN with your friends!
Download other great Disney games on iTunes!