- 10 unlockable vehicles.
- 15 levels with various themes.
- Good physics and engaging gameplay.
- Controls are sometimes unresponsive.
Cabby is an enjoyable thrust based game that despite its few problems, is still excellent value for money and is worth a try for anyone who is a fan of games like Lunar Lander or is a fan of retro style games. For those who still aren't quite sure, there is also a free lite version available to download.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Everybody knows driving cars on the ground was so yesterday! Similar to the style of of Atari's arcade classic Lunar Lander, Cabby is a 3D thrust based game set in the future where players must pick up and drop off passengers and parcels as quickly as they can in a flying taxi without crashing or running out of fuel.
Although the game doesn't include a tutorial, the controls are fairly basic and easy to pick up with a bit of practice. The key to mastering this game is for players to find a balance between thrusting and descending via the controls located in the action bar at the bottom of the screen. There are two game modes players can choose from: Career Mode and Arcade mode as well as three atmosphere types (air, water, space) and several cabs and levels available for players to unlock.
The graphics are an interesting mix of 3D and pixel art with sophisticated zoom effects which give the game a real past meets future type feel. The physics are well done and the game play is very smooth although players might feel at times that the controls buttons are a little small and unresponsive at times. The music tracks featured in the game are also rather pleasing to listen to, however they are a bit repetitive which can be a problem because there is currently no iPod integration available.
That aside, Cabby is still an excellent and addictive game that will have players flashing back to the Fifth Element and is a great addition to anyone's phone who is a fan of retro style games.
DescriptionCabby is a side-scrolling thrust-based game that puts the player in the driving seat of a flying taxi!
Select from 15 different vehicles and fly through 15 unique levels, collecting customers and parcels as you go.
Get your customers to their destinations as quickly as possible to earn a big tip!
- 15 playable taxis, each with its own unique handling characteristics
- 15 levels; including levels set in Arctic, desert, city, underwater and space environments
- 2 game modes: Career Mode lets you play one level after another to earn as much money as possible, unlocking new vehicles as you go; Arcade Mode allows you to play a one-off shift using any unlocked taxi
- 3 atmosphere types: move seamlessly between air, water and space! Each atmosphere behaves as it would in real life
- Achievements and Game Center support
- All levels realised in full 3D
Created by Hidden Games.
What's New in Version 3.0* New builds for iOS7 support
* 64 bit support
* Various other cleanups