Dawn of the Dead™ Review
- Different hero's and weapons to choose from.
- Good graphics and sound effects.
- 360 degree directional controls.
- Only 5 levels available.
- Gets a bit repetitive.
Although Dawn of the Dead doesn't really present anything new to the genre, its none the less still quite an entertaining and enjoyable game that's perfect for anyone wanting something short and cheap to play. However if you're looking for something that's a bit beefier then its probably best you give this game a miss.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
With the popularity of blockbuster movies and zombie themed games being produced like hotcakes in the appstore, it was only a matter of time before a hybrid of the two would be soon released. Based on the popular film, Dawn of the Dead is a top down shooter which takes place in Crossroads Mall, where you choose to play either a salesman, nurse or policeman and fight off the hordes of zombies in order to survive.
Each of the players have their own perks, however you'll find out soon enough that these don't really have much of an impact in the game. The control scheme for the game is rather interesting as it makes use of a virtual pad with a full 360 degree stick for movement meaning you can run in one direction whilst attacking in another. This comes in handy during difficult parts of the game where you will have zombies coming at you from all directions. The game sadly only offers players 5 levels and even with the ability to change the difficulty settings, this game still feels a bit short which is a little disappointing.
The graphics are decent with smooth 3D animation and plentiful amounts of splatter to please bloodthirsty fans. The sound effects are excellent with realistic weapon sounds and suspenseful soundtracks which ups the intensity of the game.
Overall, Dawn of the Dead may not be the best zombie themed iPhone game out there, but for its low price and decent gameplay this game is perfect for anyone who has a few minutes spare and a craving to kick some zombie ass.
DescriptionBased on the smash hit movie from Universal Studios, Dawn of the Dead takes you inside and around the Crossroads Mall for the first time in a series of intense and terrifying levels as you fight to survive an onslaught of bloodthirsty zombies.
A terrifying zombie plague of unknown origin has broken out in your town. You've escaped your zombie-infested suburb and arrived at the entrance of the Crossroads Mall. Now you must fight to reach other survivors and get out alive...
- Play as one of three characters, each with different attributes; the nurse, the police officer or the salesman
- Unlock new, more powerful weapons as you make your way through the mall
- Survive by any means necessary: find and use a variety of guns or get up close and personal with a baseball bat, golf club, axe and more
- Stunning visuals created from fully rendered 3D models create an unmatched sense of realism and immersion
- Two ways to play: Play through Story mode to unlock Survival mode and test your limits against endless waves of undead enemies
- Multiple levels of difficulty offer a challenge for any level iPhone gamer
- 5 levels that take you from the parking lot to the terrifying underbelly of the legendary Crossroads Mall.