FastBall 2 Review
- Fun, simple platforming challenge.
- Two great themes with amazing synth background tracks.
- Frustrating collision detection.
- Strange glitches including bouncing off 'stars'.
Fans of challenging platformers will enjoy ramping up FastBall 2 to the hardest level, but the patience of even the most saintly of individuals will be tested once you're facing the 10th death in a row for hitting 'nothing'.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
FastBall 2 is the sequel to Klik! Games first App Store title, FastBall and features a handful of great improvements that make this a title worth grabbing if you're a fan of titles like The Impossible Game.
Why would you need to be a fan of The Impossible Game? Well, after the first few levels, each bite-sized area becomes a non-stop platforming challenge that tests your timing to avoid pitfalls and obstacles on your way to the exit. New features such as super-jump tiles and speed-up signs add more variety and will test your ability to remain calm in dealing with frustrating combinations of each possible hazard.
There are two themes to choose from (futuristic and cartoonish), each with their own unique synth tracks to enjoy and it'd be even better if there were more tracks to enjoy as even the best of tunes can start to get annoying after a full playthrough. The biggest flaw with FastBall 2 is its rather strict collision detection that punishes players even if they've cleared an obstacle. Lowering the difficulty can get you past harder stages and for those who have really hit 'the wall' a skip token is provided after every fifth level. One feature that's missing from the original is its endless endurance mode which would have been a great kicker to add with more social features.
With a few tweaks FastBall 2 could easily absorb players from beginning to end, however this is definitely a title for patient gamers with a long fuse. Fun, but it may not be to everyone's tastes.
DescriptionOver 5 million players, thank you very much...
'Bird Tale' is the wild fly action released recently by us, get it now for FREE!
FastBall is back and is faster, fun and addictive than ever...
In FastBall, you control a rolling ball. In his way, there are many obstacles and his only ability is to jump. This is where he needs you, you'll make him jump by tapping the screen.
With this simple mechanic, FastBall 2 contains 145 action packed levels spawned across 5 level packs. Through the levels, you'll need a good timing, pure attention as well as decisions on which path to follow to reach the level end.
It is easy to play and easy to enjoy....
FastBall 2 contains the following features :
- An addictive gameplay enjoyed by more than 500.000 players in it's predecessor...
- New game mechanics including speed zones, long jump blocks and direction signs.
- Ability to play the game in different themes as "Cartoon" and "Futuristic" with wonderful graphics. More themes are coming in the following updates..
- 3 Difficulty modes as easy, normal and hard. If you are an expert FastBall player or looking for maximum enjoyment than hard mode is strongly suggested.
- Got stuck in a level? No problem, the new token feature allows you to skip any level anytime from the ingame pause menu. Tokens are earned by completing each 5 levels..
- Includes catchy music and sound fx composed by industry leaders. Each theme has it's own music as well. If you want to listen your own music while playing, that's no problem either. Just start playing your own music before launching the game and you'll be asked at start to keep listening to it or not.
- GameCenter and OpenFeint integration with online leaderboard and achievements support.
What's New in Version 1.6- Wide screen support for iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5th generation devices.
- New 'Frantic' level pack with 15 new levels. Now we have a total of 145 levels!
- Bug fix and performance improvements.