- Elegant puzzle gameplay.
- Beautiful default tile-set with purchasable themes.
- Create your own levels and share with friends.
- Currently Email only based sharing.
LandFormer is a beautiful and elegant puzzle title that is perfect on your own or shared with a friend and well worth grabbing for the premium content.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Elegant, thought provoking playground-style puzzle games really get my brain to light up like a Christmas Tree and not since Path Pix have I felt so excited about a game like LandFormer by Streaming Colour Studios.
In this puzzler, players will need to use a limited set of tools to raise and lower the landscape in a 5x5 grid to return the world back to a pristine flat plain. There are several restrictions that help to limit the complexity with only six tools in total, each with their own distinct pattern with a total of five different elevations to work through. Ten basic challenges to warm you up are available via the free version, but if you dive in to the paid premium pack there are fifty additional challenges to wrack your brain.
LandFormer's basic landscape tile-set is beautiful, with cartoonish vector designs that clearly define the various elevations in a simple and easy to read way. An optional 'Discotheque' theme is also available for purchase and gives the game a genuine board-game feel, but despite its simplicity it lacks the elegance of the basic theme.
Additional levels can also be created and emailed to friends, but this assumes that their email is hooked up to their iDevice and an alternative online system would be a perfect addition for the future. Despite this, LandFormer is simply amazing and after playing the free levels you too will want to make this a permanent addition to your iPhone.
DescriptionLandFormer: A World-Changing Puzzle Game
Raise and lower terrain to solve puzzles in this unique and challenging game.
"Puzzle games come a dime a dozen, and to have some staying power they have to be truly fun to play or exceptionally nice to look at. LandFormer is both."
"If you're up for a few mindbending puzzles (and maybe have a few friends to create and share levels with), definitely give LandFormer a look."
"... if you like puzzle games that can leave you stumped for who knows how long, LandFormer is a game you definitely need to try."
-- Touch Arcade
LandFormer is a challenging new puzzle game from Streaming Colour Studios. Each level is made up of 25 land tiles of different heights. Using the provided tools, raise or lower the tiles to flatten the board. Sound simple? It is…and it isn't.
Learn the game in minutes, spend hours mastering it! You'll need a keen eye, intuition, and skill to complete the most advanced levels.
The fun doesn't stop there: create levels using the built-in level editor and share them with your friends!
- All Beginner levels available in FREE version.
- 50 more levels available for purchase in-game!
- Purchase themes to change the look of the game in exciting ways!
- Create your own levels and share them with your friends! (This even works in the FREE version!)
- Listen to the relaxing game soundtrack, or enjoy your own music while you play.
- Auto-saves your game when you quit or answer a phone call.
Visit our website for LandFormer gameplay videos: www.LandFormer.net
What's New in Version 1.1.2v1.1.2
- iOS 4 multi-tasking fix: receiving levels while the app is in the background is now handled properly.
- Fixed a crash in the free version of the game that occurred when playing the game for the first time with no network connection.
- Fixed a bug where quitting in the middle of a received level wouldn't save the game in progress.
- Changes to the in-game shop to improve support for future content
- Added two bonus levels to the free version of the game: one Easy difficulty level, and one Medium difficulty level.
Fixes and Improvements:
- Fixed an iOS4-only crash that would occur when certain help alerts came up mid-game.
- Fixed a bug where a received level wouldn't load if you were in the middle of a game.
- Fixed a bug where purchased content wouldn't appear right away when the shop was entered from particular alerts.
- Improved fast app switching for iOS4 devices.
- Improved handling of corrupt save files.
- Improved the review path from within the game.
- A few small UI tweaks and bug fixes.
** If you're enjoying LandFormer, please leave us a review in the App Store.
** Don't forget to check out the in-game Shop for purchasable level packs and themes.