Super Badminton Review
- Publisher: ROLOCULE GAMES PRIVATE LIMITED
- Genre: Sports
- Released: 3 Jul, 2010
- Size: 20.7 MB
- Price: FREE!
- Simple 3D graphics with great shot animations.
- Shot indicator to aim and return with ease.
- Recent updates have corrected AI issues and they're now competitive and clever at each ranking.
- Relatively stiff movement.
- No multiplay/social feature at the moment.
All the right elements are in place for Super Badminton 2010 and after recent updates this title has finally put its best foot forward and Badminton fans might want to check it out.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
UPDATE 25 July 2010:
The latest updates have addressed some of the issues that bogged Super Badminton 2010 down and thankfully the AI has undergone a huge transformation. Movement still feels a bit wooden and lacks weight, but this is offset somewhat as players now seem to reach for the shuttlecock with more frequency. At this point, multiplayer would be a great addition, but for now it's great to see Super Badminton 2010 making it off the starting blocks and we have revised our score accordingly. Badminton fans can now get their game on! ;)
It's bound to happen now and then, especially with the amount of Apps that are released every day, but sometimes you run in to a game that feels like a step backwards. Super Badminton 2010 by Rolocule is jam packed with good intentions, but all the best wishes in the world can't help a player bogged down by poor controls and AI that feels like a relic from ancient history.
The basic controls are easy enough to pick up and understand, with most fans of racket-based sports like Tennis being able to jump straight in. A directional pad (or optionally a virtual stick) is used to run around the court, while three buttons serve as low, high and smash hits. The direction of your shuttlecock can be changed by tilting to adjust the angle, but this isn't terribly intuitive as attempting to tilt and steer your way to a mark at the same time can get confusing at times.
However you'll hardly need to worry as most of the AI opponents seem to be a few piña coladas short of a party and routinely seem to forget how to play. Playing on 'super hard' did provide a challenge with rarely a hit missed or a smash wasted, but watching them decide to freeze and watch the shuttle hit the deck became an all too common occurrence.
It's not all downhill though, with trophies to unlock, tournaments to complete and decent 3D graphics and animations to enjoy, but getting as far as completing a competition may be a huge ask for some. Keep an eye out for updates, but otherwise hold off on this App for now.
DescriptionDead Among Us an epic zombie shooter released last week - Super Badminton goes free to celebrate the launch of our new game!
Over a million downloads! Get addicted to the Best Racquet Sports Game on the App Store!
"I can say, without a doubt, that Super Badminton is the best badminton video game I've ever played." - TUAW
"Super Badminton is exciting. Graphics and animation are top-notch" - (4/5) - The Sunday Times, UK.
"Break Out Your Racket For Super Badminton" - Cult Of Mac.
"Fancy a game of badminton on your iPhone" - MobileCrunch
Experience the fastest racquet sport in the world at your fingertips with hyper-realistic physics, HD quality graphics, slick UI and real sound effects that will make you come back for more. So, grab your badminton racket, take a swing and hit that Smash!
• 8 badminton players - each with unique strengths and weaknesses.
• 3 tournaments to challenge your skills: Choose your player and realize the dream to become a real badminton star.
• 4 stunning 3D badminton stadium courts to simulate the real badminton stadiums.
• Wooden badminton court to give you an experience of playing badminton at your local court/gym.
• Control direction of your shot by tilting your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad! - giving you an incredible immersive experience with complete command over your shots!
• Show off your trophies in your shiny trophy cabinet as you get rewarded in tournaments and various difficulty modes.
• Simple and effective controls: Intuitive controls for the casual gamers to enjoy but delivers everything that hard-core fans crave for.
• One-Touch directional pad (D-PAD) and camera control: Change your D-PAD to a virtual joystick and your camera dynamically during gameplay on the go - just with a touch.
• Super-real badminton shots animations: Overhead clear, Backhand clear, Backhand drop, Forehand drop, Smash among others.
Time to experience the most immersive 3D badminton gameplay with Super Badminton. Get wild smashing!
For support, write to us at [email protected]
Follow us on twitter at @rolocule.
MORE GAMES FROM ROLOCULE:
+ Bowling Central
+ Dance Party
+ Motion Tennis
+ Flick Tennis