Splinter Cell Conviction™ Review
- Excellent story.
- Stunning graphics on any iDevice.
- Rendered cinematics and quality in-game voice acting.
- Limited cover system.
- Simplistic AI enemies.
Fans of the series who have missed out on Splinter Cell Conviction will not be disappointed by this sophisticated gaming experience for their iDevice.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Gameloft have brought the latest game in the Splinter Cell saga 'Conviction' to the iPhone, giving gamers a chance to follow the story of super agent Sam Fisher in this intense action-stealth title.
Conviction has brought the series back from a strong stealth-oriented system that makes Fisher more of a stealthy action hero than a deadly ninja. This has simplified the controls immensely, requiring only the analogue stick to automatically transition between fast and stealthy movement and several multi-purpose buttons to jump between cover or fire your weapons. The cover system takes some time to truly master as a limited amount of objects can be used and transitioning between moving, aiming and firing can be awkward while in the thick of a battle.
The game is stunningly rendered and squeezes out as much of the iPhone's graphical power as possible. A lot of vocal work has also been included in this release, with Michael Ironside reprising his role as the voice of Fisher along with other original cast members. Some of the polish in Conviction is tarnished by the oddly behaving AI and several smaller bugs such as the 'Mark & Execute' rapidly flickering on and off.
Splinter Cell Conviction is a mature title that shows a depth of gameplay and design rarely given to iPhone gamers. Definitely a great experience for any gamer and a must buy for Action fans.
DescriptionThe benchmark of action stealth games on console is available for the first time on iPhone & iPod Touch!
**MacWorld: “The strategies of Splinter Cell Conviction have real potential for depth and variety—already this title looks like more than your typical third-person shooter on your iPhone.”
**Slide to play: “Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction looks and plays great, and it's rare that we see such a sophisticated stealth game on this platform.”
Unleash the ferocious skills of renegade agent Sam Fisher.
Play as Sam Fisher, a highly skilled Special Forces operative and fight a corrupted secret agency to get your daughter back. Follow a trail of intrigue that leads from Iraq to a high-security building in Washington. Run, jump, fight, and shoot using a handgun, shotgun, AK47 and bazooka, or maintain stealth by improvising with nearby objects. You are now a renegade spy agent; you don't follow any orders except for your own rules of engagement!
ASTONISHING ENVIRONMENTS AND GRAPHICS
- Go through 11 levels set in 8 different locations from Malta to the White House.
- Discover an exclusive iPhone level on the banks of the Potomac River.
- Experience fully polished 3D graphics with an amazing depth of view.
ADVANCED STEALTH GAMEPLAY
- The Mark & Execute feature allows you to mark multiple targets then quickly eliminate them all at once.
- The Last Known Position indicates where your enemies think you are, allowing you to outflank and eliminate them.
- Get behind enemies without being noticed and kill them in one hit!
- Projected texts inform you of objectives and guide you through the level.
- Get Sam behind cover to hide and dodge enemy fire.
CONSTANT ACTION THROUGHOUT THE GAME
- Beat your opponents in stunning hand-to-hand combat and interrogate enemies to get crucial information.
- Experience a frantic rail-shooting sequence on a speeding boat.
- Use a wide range of weapons and gadgets to get rid of your enemies. Pistols, sonar goggles and camera grenades are at your disposal!
EARN TROPHIES AND AWARDS ON GAMELOFT LIVE!
Your morals! Your game!
Also available from Gameloft on the iPhone: Brothers in Arms 2, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Gameloft Sports Pack, Fishing Kings, Blokus and Iron Man 2.
What's New in Version 1.0.2Updated for iPhone 4 and iOS 4
- Crisp, gorgeous high-resolution graphics to take full advantage of the iPhone 4 Retina display
- Support for iOS 4 multitasking on compatible devices: switch between your favorite apps instantly