Banzai Rabbit Review
- Classic Frogger gameplay with a heroic twist.
- Vibrant comic-book style.
- Lots of levels and locations to enjoy.
- AGON network support.
- No native iTunes support.
- Lingering development artwork elements.
Getting across the road and river in Frogger was always hard enough, but only Banzai Rabbit would make you come back again, challenging gamers to fine tune their timing skills.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Revolutionary Concepts are on a roll and after their release of Karate Champ for the App Store they've struck while the iron is hot and have dropped their latest original title 'Banzai Rabbit'. Those following the development of this game may remember it as Frogman, but either way we've got a hopping super-hero helping citizens from being mutated by your nemesis.
When it comes right down to it, Banzai Rabbit is a modern adaption of Frogger, with several control schemes and variations to suit your tastes. The default is a swipe-based setup, with Banzai heading in the direction you flick. Both alternative schemes provide different variations on a d-pad, with left and right side swaps also being available. There are two power-ups to collect, with a temporary slo-mo mode and super-jump helping players to avoid untimely deaths. However, you'll want to use them quickly as any you've accumulated are lost when you die.
The game's graphics are cartoonish with bold comic-style splashes of color to catch your eye. Elements of the game's original frog-based superhero are still evident, with Banzai's leaping animation looking slightly odd for a lanky humanoid rabbit, but other than this the game world feels vibrant and alive.
There's five unique environments and multiple variants of each level to explore and once you've unlocked a level you can also tackle a challenge mode to compete against your friends. Banzai Rabbit is Frogger re-imagined for a new generation and worth checking out.
Description★★★★★He's back! The former No#1 Adventure game on iTunes, enjoyed by HALF A MILLION PEOPLE! Now 100% FREE for a limited time! Don't Miss Out!
Praised by IGN, Touch Arcade, CNET, Gizmodo, 148Apps, Appmodo and countless others. Now even more beautiful with added support for iPhone4 Retina Display.
★★★★★ Must Watch Video Trailer: www.bit.ly/brabbit
Banzai Rabbit for iPhone/iPod touch (also available for iPad).
Look up in the sky it's a bird, it's a plane, it's ... a Rabbit !? Banzai Rabbit hops onto the iPhone ready to save the world, and delivers a modern spin on classic arcade gaming that really showcase what your iOS device can do!
Part platformer, part puzzler, all action & totally fun in a way that games should be - regardless of your age or skill level.
Banzai Rabbit's features include:
♉ 142 rounds of gorgeous 3D gameplay set across 34 locations / levels.
♉ A wide range of unique environments that include City Streets, Rivers, Train Yards, Metal Works, and even a Sewer)
♉ Story and Challenge Modes
♉ Easy, Medium, Hard Difficulties
♉. Save Game, Earn Continues, multiple Checkpoints
♉ Bonus levels
♉ Super Power-Ups - Slow time and leap locomotives in a single bound.
♉ Customisable Controls (swipe and tap, d-pad, side buttons) *both left and right handed.
♉ Online Leaderboards and Awards to unlock
♉ Flip screen orientation.
And that's just the start..just look what others have to say:
* IGN: I heartily recommend Banzai Rabbit .... the action is frantic, and it looks great. Plus, with over 140 rounds, you get a lot of game for your buck. That’s music to the (bunny) ears of the budget-minded gamer.
* CNET: App of the week! Banzai Rabbit looks absolutely gorgeous, a comic-book-colored 3D feast for the eyes.
* Touch Arcade: It all comes together extremely well, taking a classic mechanic and wrapping it around some new ideas and fantastic visuals.
* 148Apps.com: If you do one thing man get this game! 4.5/5
* PocketGamer: 8/10. Fantastic! Silver Medal Award.
* Appmodo: Two recommendations, buy it, and buy it!
* Slide to Play: with great control options, colorful graphics, and one lovable rabbit, we give Banzai Rabbit our highest honors. 4/4
* Banzai takes classic arcade gaming, turns it on its head and launches it into the stratosphere.
* Deep challenging gameplay, all wrapped in graphics that wouldn't look out of place on a next gen console.
* Looks cute and cuddly, but 4 levels in Wham!! The rabbit hole goes deep on this one!
* The iPhone receives it's first Killer App and he's hopping mad!
* Pick-up 'n play gaming perfection.
Still unsure? Check out the best iPhone gameplay trailer you'll see today: http://bit.ly/brabbit
FOLLOW us: @revolutionaryco
READ about us: www.revolutionaryconcepts.net/apps
EMAIL us: firstname.lastname@example.org
*follow / email to hear about all our upcoming releases, sales, news.