Super Laser: The Alien Fighter Review
- Publisher: EpicForce Entertainment Ltd.
- Genre: Entertainment
- Released: 10 Jun, 2010
- Size: 71.1 MB
- Price: $0.99
- Action-packed arcade-level shooter challenge.
- Six levels with great 2D artwork.
- Multiple control schemes and smooth tilt support.
- Levels need to be restarted if application quits.
Super Laser: The Alien Fighter is a worthy addition to anyone's shoot'em-up collection, regardless of whether you're a new-comer or a veteran to the genre.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
EpicForce, the developers behind 'Super Laser: The Alien Fighter' compare their new shoot'em-up to the classic days of Arcade titles that would have punters popping quarters in, one after the other, just to master them. It shouldn't come as a surprise, but this is hardly hyperbole considering that this comes from the same team that developed 'iFighter', a real high water mark for SHMUPs on the AppStore.
Players can take their pick of three basic control styles, maneuvering their ships with either a touch-swipe, analogue stick or tilt controls. The gameplay is an interesting blend of styles from classic shooters, resulting in a game that feels familiar and brand new at the same time. Each of the three weapon types have a unique feel and come in handy for specific boss encounters. Also, players can collect additional laser platforms that can lock-on to individual targets for additional firepower or access to the titular 'Super Laser' if they're carefully aimed at a single target.
Super Laser uses a futuristic setting with slick 2D visuals that would look at home in games like the Raiden and R-Type series of shooters. It's also great to see small touches like having the environment shift, attempting to destroy your ship with static barriers and testing the agility of players under pressure. iPod is supported for background music, but then you'd be missing out on the game's solid electro beats.
For genre fans, Super Laser is a challenging treat with nostalgic appeal while still catering to newer fans and casual gamers alike.
Description"A worthy addition to anyone's shoot'em-up collection, regardless of whether you're a new-comer or a veteran to the genre." - Andrew Nesvadba, appspy.com (5/5)
"Quite possibly my favorite scrolling shooter so far!" - Eric Pankoke, iphonelife.com (9/10)
"Super Laser is worth every dollar and I’d recommend it to everyone, be new to the genre or a veteran at it." - touchaholics.com (4/5)
Are you a Top Gun at Flight Shooter Games? Super Laser takes you back to your childhood where games like Raiden and 1942 left you with blisters on your thumbs and an empty wallet.
Super Laser is guaranteed to please, it's so good that on Day 1 of Release it has been "Featured by Apple as New and Noteworthy".
"In Year 2036, the Earth's population has reduced to only 1.5 billions due to resources shortage and global climate warming. The bizarre climate is somehow suitable for the aliens to move in. These aliens can attach to any organizm or machinery to evolve into new forms of life. The Earth has unfortunately become their second home. The human beings must act fast to destroy the aliens before they conquer the whole world. The Earth Alliance secretly sends a fighter equipped with the ultimate and most advanced weapon, called "Super Laser", to the aliens' stronghold..."
Imagine hordes of alien enemies rushing towards you, then imagine turning them into space dust at the flick of your finger! You're flying a futuristic space ship capable of blowing nasty aliens into smithereens, use that power and be the hero that saves the world!
What's it got:
- Explosions so big that you'll nearly feel the heat on your face!
- Laser effects, superb animations and graphics that will make your eyes pop out of your head!
- Remember standing around the arcade with your friends, sinking quarters into Raiden, 1942? Now you can get all that and more right in the palm of your hand.
- 6 levels of dodging, crushing and incinerating hordes of alien scum and the grand finale, a battle royale with a boss so tough he might as well reach out of your iPhone and punch you in the face!
Mind blowing weapons, lasers and missiles that go boom!
- 3 difficulty levels will sort the riff from the raff.
- 3 different control methods to suit all hero's.
- Developed by the team that brought you the chart topping, smash hit game "iFighter".