The Incident Review
- Strange, unique gameplay concept.
- Pixel-art style with oodles of objects to pile up.
- Power-ups? Try power-DOWNS.
- At times the gameplay feels too passive.
Tilt, jump and survive and have a fun time while finding out just what plagues Earth in The Incident.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Curiosity is a powerful tool and when leveraged in the right way it can drag players in to a game and keep them sucked in until they're well and truly hooked. The world is falling apart at the seams in 'The Incident' by Big Bucket Software and your poor unfortunate character will need to dodge, push and climb his way out of the ever increasing pile of trash to find out why this is happening.
In each of the game's levels you'll need to dodge junk flung down in to the screen, allowing it to pile up to provide a convenient way to keep climbing. Tilting the screen allows you to move left and right, while jumping is performed with a simple screen tap. Moving and jumping also provide a convenient method for reorganizing the trash once it lands, pushing girders and other large objects around to either fill gaps or provide a handy stepping stone to climb higher up.
The Incident makes use of the increasingly popular pixel-art style, but the real show-stopper is just how many objects Big Bucket Software have programmed in to the game, with each one interacting with other objects fluidly in their simple physics engine. This is where the curiosity hook digs in, making you wonder what you'll see next and before you know it you're on the other side of the game's seven levels.
Whether it's the thrill of escaping a 'death by traffic-cone' or keeping track of all the objects in the game, The Incident is an enchanting experience and an easy game to recommend to all gamers.
DescriptionTHE INCIDENT is a fast-paced, retro-style action game. Run, dodge and jump your way to safety as an angry rain of just about everything in the world falls and builds a mountain of platforms for you to climb up, up… up to the source of it all: the cause of THE INCIDENT.
"This iPhone/iPad game is really great - get it! $2. It makes me laugh every time I play it." —John Romero, Designer of Wolfenstein 3D, Doom and Quake.
"A game you pick up quickly, but can't put back down." —Engadget
"Gaming's Most Charming Vision of the Apocalypse" —Gizmodo
"The controls work well, the graphics look cool, it's universal from the get go, and I really dig the whole concept behind the game." —Touch Arcade
"Terrific little indie games like this are what make the iPhone platform really shine." —TUAW
THE INCIDENT is easy to pick up but hard to master. It's a totally new gameplay concept and it's perhaps TOO addictive. It's loaded with power-ups, power-downs (d'oh!) and collectables. Try to beat the game, then try to unlock all the achievements. No one said getting 500 coins would be easy.
THE INCIDENT is a universal app that runs great on any iPhone or iPod touch, and on iPad. Buy once, play anywhere!
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
• Supercool 8-bit pixel art with Retina display support
• Awesome chiptune soundtrack
• 7 levels to explore and survive in "The Rise & Fall of Frank Solway"
• Dodge and jump as high as you can in "Endless Nightfall"
• Control your iPad using an iPhone or iPod Touch with Controller Mode
• Score sharing with Game Center
• Hundreds of unique objects, hundreds of ways to die
• The Award Room, where you recall your adventures
• The elusive "B-mode"
• TV Support!
• Controller can be used to pause, resume, restart/retry and return to the main menu.
• Trophies can be tweeted from the Awards screen.
• Game Center leaderboard can be viewed without leaving the game.
• New game mode: Endless Nightfall!
• Share your Endless Nightfall high scores on Game Center!
• Control your iPad using an iPhone or iPod Touch!
• Retina display support for super-crisp pixels.
• New music in Endless Nightfall and Twitter screen.
• In-Game options: Access options without returning to the Main Menu.
• Tweet your trophies! Send a photo of your trophy to Twitter.
• Support for both landscape orientations on iPad.
• Lots of tweaks and bug fixes.
What's New in Version 1.5.1• iPhone 5 support.
• iOS 6 bug fixes.