- Publisher: Wired Developments Pty Ltd
- Genre: Entertainment
- Released: 15 Sep, 2010
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Price: $0.99
- Interesting physics puzzle gameplay.
- 80 levels to work your way through.
- No quick way to reset levels.
- Menu navigation is slow and awkward.
Rocketeer is an interesting physics puzzler, but the open style of level design and puzzle solving is at times too random to make players feel comfortable with what they're trying to achieve.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Rocketeer by Wired Developments is, depending on how you look at it, either the most frustrating physics puzzler you could get your hands on or a great few hours of distraction. Rocketeer does an admirable job of trying to appeal to a casual gaming audience while still leaving itself open to the hardcore crowd, but a few wires have been crossed in the process, making it hard to completely engage with this puzzle title.
Your goal is to get just one rocketeer in to the wormhole of each level, utilizing gravitational forces from different planets that push, pull and even bounce you through to the end. On some levels the solutions are intuitive, with hints for the solution usually being made by the level's name. However, many levels have solutions that are either counter-intuitive or require such precise timing and positioning as to render conventional trial and error pointless. Thankfully you can launch four rockets at a time, giving you a chance to 'spam' your way to finding a valid solution. This doesn't feel particularly elegant and it also hurts your chances at getting a gold star, but watching the rockets careen around the screen is amusing in its own way.
If Rocketeer were to have one truly redeeming feature it would have to be the feeling of success you get from watching a rocket completing a complex sequence of flips, turns and bounces before finding its way home.
Still, until future updates tighten up the gameplay Rocketeer is a hard game to recommend to all but those who are willing to approach the game in a purely casual manner.
DescriptionWHAT IS ROCKETEER?
An extreme physics puzzler on the iPad / iPhone and iPod Touch!
Launch your Rocketeers out into the depths of the unknown to help navigate them through the harsh terrain that lies ahead!
See your Rocketeers blast around planets using small, medium and large push and pull gravitational forces. Bounce, duck, dodge, spin and teleport your Rocketeers into navigating their way through hazardous levels while you try to avoid blowing them to smithereens in this extreme physics puzzler!
* Extreme physics puzzler
* Strategically launch Rocketeer’s into space to get them home safely
* Many challenging puzzle objects to help guide your Rocketeers
* Many hazards your Rocketeers must avoid
* Challenging addictive gamplay
* Easy to learn, hard to master
* 90 levels to launch into!
* Progressive gameplay unlocking more and more objects to use and avoid
* Stunning 2D and 3D graphics
What's New in Version 1.3FEATURES:
* 10 BRAND NEW, very challenging levels for all you Rocketeer fans out there!
* All new levels include enhanced difficulty with the Rocketeer Launch Pod moving all over the place and our best designed levels yet!
* We challenge you to do them all with just 1 Rocketeer!
* iPhone 3G & 3GS small texture memory issue resolved
* All versions additional performance tweaks