- Publisher: Reality Twist GmbH
- Genre: Entertainment
- Released: 14 Apr, 2011
- Size: 40.6 MB
- Price: $3.99
- Elegant visuals; mixture of illustrated 2D and 3D elements mesh perfectly.
- Relaxing music to drop players in to a zen-like mode.
- Easy to pick up gameplay.
- Challenge scales with the addition of varied puzzle elements.
- Controls lacking in finesse; swiping a fraction too far or too little can be disastrous.
- Replays required to complete all challenges; no major incentive to do so.
daWindci is a relaxing physics based challenge that's easy to enjoy, though it's best enjoyed somewhere calm and quiet to get the full effect.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
While sailing through the air in a hot-air balloon may be a relaxing experience for most, daWindci by Reality Twist adds a bit more action to the proceedings as you attempt to break time records while solving puzzles, collecting items and avoiding hazards that are ready to pop your high-flying ride.
Players have no direct control over their balloon and instead they'll need to use indirect physics based controls to ambulate around the stage they're on. In particular, swiping the screen will produce a gust of wind that the balloon will obligingly follow before the puff peters out. Swirling the screen will also produce a whirlwind, handy for destroying houses to collect objects or more importantly to hit switches for many of the game's precise timing challenges. Hitting the mountainous walls (or worse-yet, thorny plants) will cause damage to your dirigible, while other hazards such as dense forests provide an inconvenient barrier that must be pushed through to proceed. This can be made all the more frustrating by the controls that can at times feel horribly imprecise, though practice and patience does make things easier over time.
While making your way through the 45 currently available levels is almost a breeze thanks to the low-pressure gameplay, attempting to collect all the bonuses on the way can prove to be far more challenging as replays are needed to either carefully prevent any damage to your craft; to work out exact timings for speedy runs; or patient exploration to find all of the collectables that are available. Thanks to the elegant hand-drawn looking 3D effects and relaxing music it's easy to find yourself in a zen-like mode, making repeat plays that much easier as you simply go with the flow.
daWindci takes a fairly standard idea and makes it appealing thanks to its unique presentation and theme while adding in just the right amount of variety to keep the challenge fresh until the end. If you enjoy physics challenges with a minor puzzle twist, this is the game for you.
DescriptionApple Design Award Winner 2012!
TouchArcade says: "With a smooth soundtrack driving the action and excellent puzzle solving gameplay, DaWindci is a complete, beautiful, and unique puzzler that you really shouldn't miss out on if you're a fan of the genre."
Number #1 Highlight in German AppStore!
Number #1 Best Selling iPad-App in German AppStore!
Number #10 iPhone Game in German AppStore!
A world full of magical equipment: Monumental wind turbines on the horizon, an impressive hangar door behind you and a surreal fauna and flora around you.
You yourself: pilot of a homemade hot air balloon ready for the expedition into the unknown.
On your way: Sharp cliffs, wind tunnels, dangerous electric fields - and a lot of incredible inventions.
And always by your side: The wind, which pushes you forward, opens doors for you, blows down heavy levers, helps you through the mountains and pushes the dark rain clouds in front of you.
Immerse yourself in daWindci, where scientists and engineers make even the unthinkable possible. Create your own hot air balloon with over 20 different designs.
Embark in 45 expeditions in search of valuable items and mysterious puzzles. You can paint wind, hurricanes and lightning on your screen with your finger and thereby navigate your balloon through the riddles of each level.
The innovative gameplay with multi-touch gesture control, charming graphics and meditative soundtrack offers 5-8 hours of playtime and delights the casual player as well as core gamers. Play daWindci at your own pace, solve many mysterious physics puzzles and share your successes with your Facebook friends!
* Winner of the Gamesload Newcomer-Award
* Nominated for the German Computergame Price
* Nominated for the Unity3D Award
* Multi-touch gesture control
* Meditative Soundtrack, great graphics, innovative gameplay
* 5-8 hours of playtime fun
* 45 levels and more than 20 designs for the balloon
* 14 special tasks (Achievements)
* Playable cooperatively
* Full Retina Screen Support
* Compatible with iPad 1+2, iPhone (3GS and later) and iPod Touch (3rd and 4th generation)
"If you enjoy physics challenges with a minor puzzle twist, this is the game for you." - AppSpy
"So what happens when you take a done-before concept and make it run smooth, look appealing, play fun, and slap some great music to it? A success! Great job, ya'll! This looks fun as hell!" - SuperFunApps
What's New in Version 1.2Finally we bring you the longed for bonus-world. This update contains brand new levels, improved graphics for the iPad 2, new songs and much more! Please continue rating daWindci with five stars to make new updates possible. Thank you!
* Bonus world with five new levels!
* New gameplay-feature: the repulsive magnet.
* Five new songs! Thanks to Filippo!
* Get the soundtrack at: http://music.dawindci.com/
* Sharper HD graphics for the iPad 2 with anti-aliasing!
* Optimized for iOS 5.
* New message-system! Get notified when unlocking new balloon-skins.
* Minor bug fixes: star-achievement bug fixed, mountain collision level 18 fixed, ...
* Special thanks to Alain Kaim for his feedback and bug reports!