- Fast-paced, unique arcade experience.
- New modes to unlock based on your skill level.
- Color-blind mode and other accessibility options.
- No control sensitivity options.
- Long menu delays; some selections don't correctly convey being activated.
Wispin is almost without comparison as you spin your way around the level, popping blobs of various colors and deploying power-ups to stunning effect; a real arcade gem.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Wispin by Grumpyface Studios could almost be considered prototypical as far as arcade games go for the iPhone and while there are some minor details to be buffed out, it provides a handy benchmark for games yet to be released.
'But,' I hear you cry, 'WHAT is Wispin?'. Wispin is a cute bird-like creature that has to deal with multi-chromatic blobs, however the only way to defeat them is to match their color before running in to them. Players can control their character either via tilt controls or a virtual stick, while their color is managed by a wheel that can be tapped or swiped to quickly switch between the three basic colors of red, green and blue. Those who suffer from color-blindness need not feel put-out by this chromatic gameplay as a color-blind mode is also available.
Enemies quickly evolve in to larger foes, morphing and equipping new weaponry as they go and if left long enough some will temporarily 'merge' colors, rendering them almost invulnerable. Bonus 'rainbow' power-ups and other weapons including 'cheese' keep the game lighthearted, however those looking for more of a challenge can attempt to unlock the 'super intense' mode to really ramp things up.
Unless you're truly lucky, each match won't last for too long, but it's hard to feel cheated as players slowly work their way through modes and alternative levels to reach a point that's challenging enough to feel satisfying. Wispin is a gem of a title that lacks any real comparison, but once you're in it's hard not to keep coming back.
DescriptionGet ready for zany arcade action with a unique color-matching twist! Wispin introduces a new type of gameplay that's unlike ANY other game on the app store!
"Wispin is a breath of fresh air in iOS gaming" - TouchArcade.com
The innovative "Touch Color Wheel" acts similar to a joystick - slide your thumb around to change Wispin's color on the fly. Matching an enemy's color will allow you to defeat it, but you'll have to think quickly and watch out for enemies and attacks of differing colors!
- NEW free content update adds new features and improves the game from top to bottom!
- Stylized cartoon graphics and beautiful animations featuring HD Retina display support!
- Two endless gameplay modes, Achievements to unlock, statistics tracking, and Game Center leaderboards!
- Wacky weapons (including bombs, arrows, and CHEESE), powerups, bonuses, and an escalating multiplier/combo system!
- Gameplay that starts slowly so all types of players can learn the ropes, but eventually progresses to be more chaotic, challenging, and super intense! (Even for advanced players)!
- Customizable game options including joystick and tilt controls!
- Color Blind and left-handed control support!
(Check the options menu)
- Your purchase helps support our Indie Development efforts and continued improvements to the game!
- It's fun on a bun!
"Much to our delight, Wispin has put a unique spin on the genre and made something pretty special and fresh. It looks like a cartoon come to life and plays like a dream." - GameZebo.com (4.5 out of 5)
"Wispin is a gem of a title that lacks any real comparison, but once you're in it's hard not to keep coming back." - AppSpy.com (5 out of 5)
"Wispin does something decidedly different from the norm, and ends up being a whole lot of fun because of it." - TouchArcade.com
"Stock up on all of your daily needs before you buy the game, because once you start to play there’s no time for anything else." -iPhoneAlley.com
For more about Wispin, check out: http://www.wispingame.com
Send any problems, questions, suggestions, and warm-fuzzies to: email@example.com We read ALL emails! :)
What's New in Version 1.1.2( Version 1.1.2 is a quick patch to address a graphical layering issue caused by the new 4.3 iOS update, and a glitch that prevents Bloops from using their bomb or color-changing attacks. The recent Version 1.1.1 update notes follow: )
Thank you to our players for all the great feedback! We're happy to provide the following improvements to Wispin based upon player requests:
- Any past Achievements earned offline will now sync with your Game Center account every time the game is restarted!
- The 'Spirit Touch' item will no longer cause Wispin to sometimes get stuck in the corner of the screen
- Checking leaderboards from within a level will now take you to the appropriate leaderboard for that level
- Squashed a few other small bugs
And if you missed our last update: We majorly overhauled the game and added a new enemy, new level, new gameplay feature, new powerup, improved controls, and more!
If you enjoy Wispin, please help us out by writing an App Store review or updating an old review!
For any problems, comments, or inquiries please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org We read all emails :)
*** One last note for Wispin fans: we 've finally released an iPad Version!! This new version of Wispin features expanded environments (w/larger play areas) and new iPad-specific control options! If you enjoy Wispin, please support our indie efforts and search for "Wispin HD" on the iPad App Store, or check out: http://bit.ly/WispinHD Thanks everyone!