Little Hero Review
- Intuitive gesture controls.
- Varied attacks for each item.
- Slow to progress.
- No indicators for dangerous items.
Little Hero tests your patience and your reaction speeds as you help this bedroom ninja to practice his martial arts.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Klik! Games definitely have a motif of keeping their games simple and approachable and their latest title, Little Hero, is no exception. This bedroom warrior is practicing his martial arts moves on his collection of toys and you'll need to direct his fists and feet to knock these incoming projectiles out of the way.
The game is easy to pick up and play and only requires simple swipe gestures in one of 8 directions around your character to punch, kick, jump and dodge. The moves are mixed up slightly for the sake of variation and the direction you're standing in can also modify whether you use a kick or a punch maneuver, but the end result is the same and the rest of the game is all about timing. Each item has a fairly specific way it will move, making it relatively easy to keep on top of things, though small hesitations will result in lost points or taking a direct hit.
The graphics are simple and cute and references to Kilk! Games other titles are dropped in to the background as well. Unfortunately progression is immensely slow and even getting from white to yellow belt can be challenging as you'll need to keep a solid focus to prevent small timing errors.
Little Hero is cute and challenging, but unless you enjoy slow and methodical progression it's a hard game to recommend outright.
DescriptionTHE ULTIMATE SWING ACTION GAME, 'Spidey Riley', JUST ARRIVED TO APPSTORE, GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT!
Our hero is a little kid, who loves and trains karate. One day, when he got back
from his training, he found himself attacked by his evil, cruel, ruthless...toys!
In this epic (!) story, you control our little hero and defend himself against his toys. By simple swipe moves, you make our hero to punch, kick and dodge from his toys. Be prepared for an action packed and addictive gameplay which will keep you entertained for hours.
Playing the game is pretty easy, you'll use swipe moves to 8 direction including left, left-top,top,right-top,right,right-bottom,bottom and left-bottom to punch/kick the incoming toys from that direction. Beware that some toys are to be dodged where you'll swipe to top for bowlingball or bottom for baseball bat/mommys slipper.
Features of the game includes :
- An addictive gameplay to show your karate skills and enjoyable by any one at any age.
- Master the art of Karate with moves such as punch, kick, upper cut, double kick and more.
- Gorgeous graphics, sound and music to boost your enjoyment.
- iOS4 compatible with Multitasking/FastSwitch support.
- Ability to play landscape left or right as your choice.
- Do you want to play your own music while playing? Start your music before launching the game and you'll be asked to keep it playing.
- GameCenter and OpenFeint integration with leaderboard and achievements support.
What's New in Version 1.1- New "Frenzy Mode" has been added. In this mode, you have one life at start, will use only your punch/kick skills and toys attack to you one after another with an increasing toy count and speed, how long can you survive?
- The regular gameplay has now been named as "Classic" and has been enriched. It's now easier to progress but harder to master and ofcourse more fun!
- "TripleHit" and "QuadrupleHit" bonuses has been added.
- Our hero now reacts to your swipe moves a little bit more faster.
- New leaderboard and achievements has been added.