FIFA 11 by EA SPORTS™ Review
- Slick detailed 3D visuals with high-def Retina support.
- Alternate touch-screen controls for passing and advanced plays.
- Huge variety of International teams and leagues.
- Choppy close-up camera frame-rate.
- A-B-C buttons for advanced controls (this isn't 1994 anymore).
EA Sports seems to have opted for FIFA 11 to act as a sort of short arcade stop-gap for players after a game when not playing the console version, however the missing features make this feel like a hollow shell instead of a triple-A title.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Today is a day held sacred by many gamers around the world for today is the day that the new FIFA title from EA Sports hits shelves (virtual or otherwise) and flies directly in to the nearest console or electronic device near them. Yes, FIFA 11 has hit the App Store.
Wrapping your head around the game's controls is going to be the first big hurdle for anyone jumping in to FIFA 11 as the days of simple pass, kick and tackle are quickly being replaced by advanced maneuvers that give you a lot of control of how your players move. Two control systems are available, with a basic system that utilizes three buttons that vary depending on the ball's current state of play; and an advanced system that can perform all the basic functions while allowing players to use features like calling in a second defender for pressure.
Anyone who has picked up a recent EA Sports title will be familiar with the slick visual upgrades that accompany this new release and the added detail in the environments are great to see, especially close up. However it's not what's in the game that hurts this release, it's what's not in it that seems confusing. Multiplayer is 'upcoming'; team management features have been stripped back; and no solo career mode has made it in either.
While FIFA 11 shouldn't have to pack every feature from the console title in the App Store release, it makes it a harder purchase to justify when older releases pack more value. A solid football title for FIFA fans, but not a shining star.
DescriptionWE ARE 11! Now kick it to the next level with LOCAL MULTIPLAYER via WiFi or Bluetooth! Also featuring visual excellence made to maximize the Retina Display, precision controls, authentic teams, and real players, this is the total soccer experience on the App Store. See why Keith Andrew of Pocket Gamer raves that FIFA 11 “looks more like a real game of football than any other soccer sim on iPhone” and why Rik Henderson of Pocket-lint simply calls it “A MIGHTY GAME.”
*** IMPORTANT NOTE ON DOWNLOADING & COMPATIBLE DEVICES ***
• Please Be Patient When Downloading – Because of the high-quality graphics and sophisticated animation, FIFA 11 has a larger file size. It might take a little longer to download.
• Confirm Your Device Is Compatible – FIFA 11 is ONLY compatible with 3rd and 4th generation iPod touch devices along with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and iPad. Before downloading, please check the back of your device to make sure that it matches the system requirements.
REAL PLAYERS, TEAMS, AND LEAGUES – UPDATED FOR THIS SEASON
Take the field with superstars like Real Madrid’s Kaka and Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney. Match up more than 500 teams from real leagues around the world and march into action in 35 authentic stadiums. The world of soccer is truly in your hands.
VISUALIZE THE GAME IN VIVID DETAIL
Every detail springs to life on the field, especially with the Retina Display! Team colors are more vibrant. The green of the grass more glorious. Capture the passion and power of the world’s favorite sport with unprecedented visual clarity.
IMPROVED CONTROLS LET YOU PLAY WITH PANACHE
The new D-pad and button layout options provide more gameplay sophistication for veterans and simplicity for casual players. Control the ball and the action with 360° player movement and gesture-driven skill moves. Swipe a player to make an attacking run! Pull off defense-splitting passes, rifling shots, penalty kicks, and pro-style tricks!
TAKE THE FIELD WITH A FRIEND VIA LOCAL WIFI OR BLUETOOTH
Create your own friendly matches and match skills with your most personal opponents via local WiFi or Bluetooth Multiplayer. Or team up and challenge the computer in cooperative play.
PLAY AS ANY TEAM YOU CHOOSE IN MULTIPLE MODES
Make your squad the team to beat in the Premier League, La Liga, MSL, and more. Play in Season Mode, Tournament Mode, and Quick Match (if you prefer to kick it in more casual style).
Find us on Facebook.com/eamobile to get the latest info and join the worldwide community of FIFA 11 players!
** DON'T MISS OUR OTHER EXCITING GAMES! ** SCRABBLE, The Sims™ 3, TETRIS®, MONOPOLY, Madden NFL 11 by EA Sports™, Pogo Games FREE, Liqua Pop, ROCK BAND® Reloaded, Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit & Surviving High School FREE
GIFT THIS APP: Click the “Buy App” arrow on the iTunes® App Store
Be the first to know! Get inside EA info on great deals, plus the latest game updates, tips & more…
VISIT US: ea.com/iphone
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/eamobile
LIKE US: facebook.com/eamobile
WATCH US: youtube.com/eamobilegames
What's New in Version 1.2.0*** NOW FEATURING LOCAL MULTIPLAYER! You demanded it, and we delivered! ***
Download the NEW UPDATE for the best experience of FIFA 11 yet!
In response to your feedback, improvements, additions, and optimizations include:
• Local Multiplayer Gameplay – Go head-to-head against a friend via local WiFi or Bluetooth for a new level of competitive intensity, or team up and challenge the computer (strong WiFi connection encouraged)
• Tutorial Screen Update – Get an even better introduction to the world of FIFA 11 on iPhone/iPod touch
• Language Support - Now play FIFA 11 in Chinese or Korean
• Enhanced Performance – We’ve also made additional behind-the-scenes adjustments to improve overall gameplay stability
As always, thanks for playing FIFA 11 on iPhone & iPod touch. Now kick it like never before!