Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus Review
- Slick customizable controls.
- Detailed character and facial animations.
- Gorgeous Retina optimized visuals.
- Hectic multiplayer with lasting player upgrades.
- Storyline jumps around quickly with little explanation.
Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus sets a high-water benchmark for shooters to come, combining a solid single-player campaign with a lasting and exciting multiplayer that makes this a must have title.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
UPDATE: A severe bug seems to be affecting some players, resulting in their experience being reset to zero when leaving the multiplayer menu. We'll try to find out how common this bug is and if there are any plans to resolve it.
Last year Gameloft introduced their response to the modern day war theater games in the guise of Modern Combat: Sandstorm and the game was quite easily a massive boon for FPS fans with iDevices. Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus not only continues the franchise, but it feels like so much more and the time spent waiting for this epic shooter was not without its benefits.
Players can dive in with three basic control variations that make use of either fixed or dynamically placed virtual sticks and trading between swiping to aim or using another virtual stick. Gyroscope controls for aiming are available, though this feels more gimmicky than useful and the usual handful of invert, left-hand and assisted aiming controls allow you to play comfortably and without fuss.
With the controls feeling solid everything comes down to the gameplay itself and MC2 doesn't disappoint. The campaign missions throw players through varied and beautiful environments and scenarios that swing seamlessly between tense and explosively energetic moments, while the multiplayer is like a cherry topped sundae that you can plunge in to once the campaign dust settles.
Once you've created an account your player will earn experience over time playing one of the many available maps and modes in epic 5v5 matches, earning additional weapons and other bonuses to pimp out your player. The gorgeous Retina optimized graphics and single-player campaign are more than enough to justify grabbing Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus, but the luscious and brutally fun multiplayer clinches the whole deal and action fans really should make it their next big purchase.
DescriptionModern Combat 3: Fallen Nation is coming this fall! Watch the exclusive trailer on YouTube : http://bit.ly/oV9zvX
Check out the new update below!
Finish what you started.
In Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus, complete the mission unveiled in the first opus of one of the most acclaimed FPS games on the iPhone, this time on fronts all over the globe.
“Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus looks like a big step forward for the series.” SlideToPlay
“I was impressed with the console-quality graphics and gameplay elements.” PC Mag
Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus further improves the exemplary gameplay of the first Modern Combat for an astounding immersion in a modern war experience and one of the most complete FPS multiplayer games on the iPhone.
AN IMPECCABLE PRODUCTION ENHANCED BY THE MOST TENSE GAMEPLAY YET
- The original control modes (Default, Screen Tap, Virtual Sticks) have been further refined for an impressive gameplay fluidity.
- A new full gyro advanced control mode has been added for even more gaming comfort.
- Gyro-based QTEs and improved headshot sensations add to the stunning intensity of the gameplay.
A STUNNING DIVE INTO THE HEART OF A GLOBAL MODERN CONFLICT
- Embody one of the 3 playable characters and throw yourself into 12 battlefields set in the Middle-East, Eastern Europe and South America.
- Facial animations and instant-kill slow-motion create a breathtaking sense of immersion.
- 15 weapons from real military forces that you can gather directly from your enemies and upgrade with several accessories.
- Blur effects when taking fire and dynamic lightning on your weapon contribute to the realism of the war experience.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE FPS MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE ON THE APP STORE
- Engage in 10-player online and local confrontations.
- Choose between 4 multiplayer modes: Battle, Team Battle, Defuse the Bomb & Capture the Flag.
- XP progression through 72 ranks, reward messages, unlockable weapons and leaderboards ensure heated multiplayer competition.
- Gather your squad and face your favorite foes through Gameloft LIVE!
Follow Gameloft on Twitter to get more info about this game and all our upcoming titles at http://twitter.com/gameloft or read our official blog at http://blog.gameloft.com/
I found a new @Gameloft Game! Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus: http://bit.ly/blackpegasus #222 Join the hunt: http://j.mp/GameHunter and follow @Gameloft!
What's this? http://j.mp/GameHunter
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
What's New in Version 1.2.6• Fixed a bug that prevented to display the correct online rank
• Fixed a bug with the camera when you invert the Y-axis & shot
• Minor bug fixes