- Challenging physics puzzles.
- Clever control system to help reduce random factors.
- Lots of content with more on the way.
- What randomness remains may still be frustrating.
- That annoying background music - I'll never escape it! D:
Attraxxion taxes your mental flexibility to pull off complex orbits, but with its solid controls you have one less random element to worry about.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Physics based puzzles have become a fairly standard title on the App Store and trying to stand out isn't always easy, especially when some top selling titles have held the limelight for so long. Attraxxion by Runaway Creations takes a decidedly different direction with its puzzle gameplay and instead of flinging objects past or around planets or trying to smash down a building, you're tasked with creating planetary objects to fill your quota.
That's right, you're a robot that has been hired to get the universe cleaned up and furnished just the way your alien contractors have specified. At first this starts out with something as simple as getting a planet in to an orbit, but you'll quickly move up to creating planets of specific sizes and compositions (including orbits within orbits so you can rotate while you're rotating). Your cannon can be shifted up and down the side of the screen, but in a clever addition you can 'lock' your target in place so that shifting your cannon won't ruin your aim, helping you to fine tune that perfect trajectory.
The cartoonish visuals are rough, but fun and there's almost a steam-punk edge to the amount of bolts, gears and filigree on show, but using a tired and overused public domain background tune ruined some of the creative magic.
Attraxxion will keep you busy for hours with its complex and intricate puzzles and Runaway Creations have done a great job of minimizing the randomness to keep things fun without frustration. Definitely worth picking up if you're after a new physics challenge.
DescriptionAttraxxion - The Physics Game of Planetary Proportions
How GREAT is this deal?
* A matinee viewing of a newly released film = 90 minutes of fun for $9.00 (no snacks).
* A soft drink from a vending machine = 12 minutes of satisfaction for $1.75.
* The latest edition of your local newspaper = 1 hour of frustration for $2.00.
* Attraxxion dishes out hours and hours of FUN, SATISFACTION, and FRUSTRATION all for less than $1.00!
"Attraxxion will keep you busy for hours with its complex and intricate puzzles..."
-- Rated 4/5 stars by AppSpy.com
"...a nice looking game that is extremely original."
-- Rated 4/5 starts by 148apps.com
"...a thinking man's Angry Birds..."
-- iTunes reviewer Coop martin
* Solve puzzles by shooting iron, gas, ice, and rock into orbit around, or at, planets and stars!
* Fight unique bosses with extreme prejudice!
* Game Center integration, including leader boards and achievements!
* Track statistics, such how many pesky innocents you happen to "re-locate"
Attraxxion is an action / puzzle game about planetary construction and destruction. You have been sent into space by an ancient alien race to prepare the solar systems you pass through for their arrival. To do this, you must fire iron, gas, ice, and rock into orbit or at planets in order to fulfill your mission parameters.
The game requires you to solve these puzzles by using, and fighting, gravity. You'll encounter obstacles like badly placed planets, black holes, and hostile aliens. And you don't have all day to plot your moves and do the necessary gravitational math. Accuracy must be combined with quick thinking!
Also, don't let a pesky inhabited planet get in your way. Just because they are screaming at you doesn't mean they don't understand you.
What's New in Version 1.5.1* Fixed some issues with achievements being properly awarded
* Fixed an issue causing incorrect antigravity behavior in Chapter 3 levels