Angry Birds Seasons Review
- Simple and fun physics puzzles; no change to the Angry Birds formula.
- 45 new levels in a Halloween theme.
- Poor value and difficulty scaling for those who don't own Angry Birds.
Angry Birds Halloween is exactly what it says on the box - it's Angry Birds with a Halloween theme; if you own the original this is an easy to recommend game, but if you don't it's best to start with Angry Birds instead.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
It's hard to argue against the popularity of a game like Angry Birds and with 195 levels to master it's a heck of a great purchase. However it seems odd that the Halloween special edition has been released separately and for the same price as the original you get less content with no real change to the formula.
If you're already addicted to Angry Birds then you'll hardly need an introduction to the physics-based gameplay, however if you're one of the few iDevice owners that still hasn't tried this title then the idea is a simple one: Fling various birds from a slingshot to take revenge against the pigs that are hiding inside their tenuously built fortifications. Each of the various birds have different effects, some of which need to be activated with a tap mid-flight, but a combination of carefully aimed shots and a bit of lucky are all you need to complete a level.
The usual bright and cheerful environments from the original have been transformed in to a Halloween landscape complete with ethereal lanterns, an eery forest background and even pumpkin-based armor to protect the pigs.
This may be nit-picking, but it's hard to fall in love with what amounts to a re-skin and a handful of levels could have been an in-game purchase. For fans of Angry Birds, the Halloween special edition certainly doesn't mess with the formula, but it doesn't improve on it either. Grab a copy if you're keen on more levels, but stick to Angry Birds instead if you haven't tried it yet.
DescriptionJoin the Angry Birds as they celebrate unique seasonal events from around the world! Enjoy the addictive physics-based gameplay you love, but with an exciting twist! The latest update is a pig-ballin’ NBA themed episode – HAM DUNK!
LATEST EPISODE: NBA HAM DUNK!
Face off against those no-game-having piggies in 45 all-new NBA levels, and become a bird slinging All-Star! And now you can use the new Shockwave power-up to put the hurt on those ball hogs! Nothing but nest!
- 15 BASKETBALL LEVELS! It’s time to go pig or go home!
- 30 NBA TEAM LEVELS! Get the NBA Pass to unlock every team!
- NEW POWER-UP! Harness Bomb’s Shockwave power and do massive damage!
- MIGHTY SPALDING BALL! Bring the house down. Literally.
- LEVEL FAILED – OR IS IT? Use the Shockwave for one last chance!
- MORE PIG DAYS! Celebrate fun and crazy global festivities and holidays!
In addition to NBA Ham Dunk, download and enjoy:
- 18 THEMED EPISODES in one download (plus cool bonus stuff)!
- 500+ LEVELS of pig-popping action!
- UNIQUE POWER-UPS that give you the edge in tricky levels!
With more than 2 billion downloads, Angry Birds is the most popular mobile game of all time. Join the global phenomenon!
Become a fan of Angry Birds on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Angry Birds Seasons includes optional in-app purchases. This game may require internet connectivity and subsequent data transfer charges may apply.
Important Message for Parents
This game may include:
- Direct links to social networking websites that are intended for an audience over the age of 13.
- Direct links to the internet that can take players away from the game with the potential to browse any web page.
- Advertising of Rovio products and also products from select partners.
- The option to make in-app purchases. The bill payer should always be consulted beforehand.
What's New in Version 4.2.015 ALL NEW NBA THEMED LEVELS! Hit the court with the Angry Birds – it’s time to go pig or go home!
30 TEAM LEVELS! Buy the NBA Pass and unlock one level for every NBA team!
NEW POWER-UP: SHOCKWAVE! Harness Bomb’s Shockwave power and do massive damage!
LEVEL FAILED – OR IS IT? Out of birds? No problem! Use the Shockwave for one last chance at completing a tricky level!