Space Bunnies Review
- Pick-up and play simplicity; swipe, tilt and tap to win.
- Fun pinball-like arcade gameplay with a few twists.
- Universal iDevice support; HD visuals for Retina and iPad displays.
- No alternative controls; tilt sensitivity options also absent.
- No background music; levels feel emptier without more audio to fill it in.
Space Bunnies is a cute, simple, casual pinball-like tilt title that's great for younger audiences, but a little lacking for those after more of a challenge.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Bunnies are by their very nature an extremely cute species - sure we could get in to how we as humans are conditioned to various forms of 'cuteness', but damn it I just like bunnies, leave me alone! Space Bunnies follows the adventures of a race of alien bunnies who for reasons unknown are green and look like Gir in his dog-suit from Invader Zim, but I digress... they need to find a new home and you'll need to fly their ship of cuddles and rainbows across the universe in search of a stable planet.
Once you've launched your ship by dragging and selecting a direction and power you'll be able to continue maneuvering it by tilting the screen. For more reasons that are unknown this universe is populated with large bouncy orbs that can be eventually popped if they're small enough, however power-ups such as an explosion can make the task easier while also providing a handy way to dispatch of hazards such as fuel sucking creatures or asteroids. Cloaking is also available to sneak by enemies, but perhaps one of the greatest hazards to avoid are the black holes that suck you in if you don't swipe and boost your way out of it as soon as possible.
For the most part Space Bunnies is a fairly casual experience, with the difficulty only really ramping up if you choose to dedicate your time to alternative objectives such as finding all the habitable worlds on each level. The super-cute visual theme marries well with the casual emphasis and with full Retina and iPad support available out of the box it looks great no matter what device you use.
Space Bunnies is a fun way to kill some time, though its replayability is limited, so enjoy it while the levels last.
Description*** Space Bunnies is FREE for a limited time to celebrate the release of our new game, Cubes vs. Spheres! Go get it! ***
Explore the universe like never before in this spacey, tilty adventure!
PRESS AND REVIEWS
- "Pick-up and play simplicity. Rating: 4/5" - Appspy.com
- "Highly recommended to casual gamers." - Appmodo.com
- "Beautiful graphics, awesome sound effects... it will keep you glued to your device for hours and hours, really challenging." - Appbuddy.com
- "Seriously awesome... a level of detail you wouldn't expect from a mobile game." - Toucharcade.com Forum Users
THE SPACE BUNNIES NEED YOUR HELP!
Their worlds are deteriorating and there's only one place left to go... the Homeworld. Take off on an exciting adventure to help the Space Bunnies find home - but don't forget to pick up their friends along the way!
THE FINAL FURRY FRONTIER
Bounce your way through unique obstacles like asteroid belts, wormholes, galaxies and black holes. Avoid the space stickies who want nothing more than to feed on your fuel. And watch out for your natural enemy, the SPACE FOX!
- Casual and fun gameplay like no other
- HD graphics for retina display and iPad
- Innovative yet simple tilt controls let you zoom through space like never before
- Massive levels to explore with tons of unique obstacles and puzzles
- Special powers and pickups to help clear your way home
- Calibrate to play in any orientation on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
- Pinch to zoom, gestures, and tap controls make it easy to navigate space and blow things up
- Addictive replayability - explore the corners of space you missed before to find all your long-eared friends
** It's the YEAR OF THE BUNNY, and the Space Bunnies need your help! Get them home! **
Does not work on iPhone 3G or older hardware!
What's New in Version 1.1.1- Game Center Leaderboards
- Small optimization changes
- Updated credits
Thanks for supporting Space Bunnies! Every bit helps.
Follow us on Twitter @ShockPanda.