Land-a Panda Review
- Sharp stick-art style visuals and smooth animations.
- 80 levels to test your skills on.
- Bonus coin challenges add difficulty while also being immensely satisfying to complete.
- Easy to fail thanks to a minor timing errors.
What's black and white with a lot of red chunks? I don't know, but if you played Land-a Panda you might find out; a fun, refreshingly easy to enjoy puzzler for all ages.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Big Pixel Studios have already garnered a reputation for their ability to combine clean, cute and amusing sticker-art style visuals with gameplay that's just as fun and their latest arcade-puzzle title Land-a Panda is no exception.
Apologies for my poor pronunciation, but Yang Guang is out to capture the heart of the lovely Tian Tian, but cannons, walls, spikes, ghosts and other hazards will conspire against these star-crossed lovers. This is where you jump in, taking control over the various cannons that range from fully automatic to requiring full manipulation of where you're fired in order to avoid hazards and maybe even collect coins in the process. The levels start out simply enough and new features are introduced successive as soon as you master them, but later levels can be a real challenge even without attempting to collect all the coins, especially when your entire progress is ruined by timing a tap a fraction of a second too late.
While it can be frustrating to lose your progress thanks to tiny mistakes, the levels are generally small enough that it's only a minor inconvenience. Also, it's hard to get too angry when you're exposed to the super-cute visuals and upbeat background music that are easy on the eyes and ears. 80 levels are currently available and more are on their way, so you certainly won't be wanting for content and if any level proves to be too challenging you can skip it before returning to it later.
Land-a Panda is simple, cute and fun - almost everything you could want in a mobile device game; definitely worth picking up if you're itching for something new.
Description*** Previously App Store Game of the Week ***
Over 750,000 downloads for Land-a Panda
• GamePro [5/5] - “this is the best $0.99 I’ve spent in quite some time”
• AppSpy [5/5] - “simple, cute and fun - almost everything you could want in a mobile game”
• MobileTechReview [5/5] - “a must buy game, I recommend this to everyone”
• IGN [8/10] - “hours of endlessly re-playable fun”
• 148apps [4/5] - “the game looks absolutely fantastic, and the gameplay is really fun”
• TouchArcade - “you can’t really go wrong with Land-a Panda”
• Kotaku - “cute, cuddly, and ready to both please and tease your mind for hours on end”
• QualityIndex.com's Top 10 games list of March 2011
The world’s panda population is in decline, and your help is needed! Assist the lovestruck Yang Guang (male panda) to meet with his dream partner Tian Tian (female panda), in this highly innovative puzzle game. With a unique gameplay mechanic, a wide variety of levels, and beautiful High Definition graphics, Land-a Panda is one App Store title you won’t want to miss!
Land-a Panda combines fast action based gameplay with puzzle mechanics, and a simple and intuitive touch control system. Launching Yang Guang from a cannon is as simple as tapping on it, although as you progress more complex objects are introduced, making your timing and planning ever more crucial.
LOVE IS IN THE AIR
Unfortunately it’s not quite as simple as getting Yang Guang to meet with Tian Tian. If you don’t collect any of the golden love coins on your way, Tian Tian will not be impressed! To get maximum points (and love!) you must collect all three golden coins in each level, while avoiding a variety of enemies and obstacles along the way.
TIMING IS EVERYTHING!
Reaching Tian Tian will not always be easy, with a multitude of different cannons and obstacles to traverse Yang Guang through in order to reach his soul mate. From moving and rotating cannons, to teleports and spooky ghosts to avoid, you’ll need to master a number of skills to impress this fine lady.
STUNNING HD GRAPHICS
Yang Guang will travel through a number of different worlds, each of which is presented in bright and colourful High Definition Retina graphics. Easy to learn but difficult to master, can you collect all the golden coins and win the heart of the gorgeous Tian Tian?
What's New in Version 1.4.4This is a small bug fix update.
• Fixes a bug for users on iOS 6 who are not logged into Game Center. The game could become slower after long play sessions, and this is now resolved