Where's My Water? Review
- Carve your way to success; creative puzzling twist.
- Clever tricks and traps; growing plants, mines and deadly acid.
- Gorgeously charming visuals; appealing despite its setting.
- Collectables feel less challenging to obtain than the ducks.
- Digging can be difficult; prone to moving a pixel too far when you're after precision.
Where's My Water pits you against watery physics while testing your ability to draw solutions to various puzzles; it's a fun and unique mix prone to keep you hooked to the end.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
All it takes is one game to really shine to make my week feel great and it's even better when it comes from a game you least expected the feeling to come from. As much as the 'cute creature physics puzzler' formula has been exploited on the App Store, Creature Feep and Disney's latest title Where's My Water? is just too charming and too fun to ignore.
Those familiar with Doodle Lab101 by FunTribe will be right at home as the basic gameplay revolves around shifting a liquid (water in this case) around the screen by digging out channels in the earth that fills the screen. Matters are complicated further by the addition of tricks and traps such as switches that need to be activated in the right order; plants that suck up the water while growing; and other 'liquids' common to sewer systems that can contaminate or eat right through the dirt.
While many of the levels have more of a puzzle focus, occasionally you'll come across a stage where you'll have to beat the clock against blobs of acid or even your own channels of water as they flood past rubber ducks that act as the 'stars' common to the genre. Additional 'bonus' items can also be found on various levels, with special levels being unlocked if you can find a particular set.
These special levels switch up the gameplay with new arcade-like challenges such as rotating your iOS device to shift the gravity while trying to collect all three ducks.
Of course Where's My Water wouldn't fit in with other similar titles if it didn't have a charmingly cute premise and it certainly delivers with sewer alligator 'Swampy' being obsessed with cleanliness, making him a bit of an outcast. Despite the somewhat unsanitary setting, the game remains bright and cheery with predictable and smooth physics dictating where each liquid is likely to flow.
With four areas packing in 20 levels each, a handful of bonus stages and more promised to come, Where's My Water? is the perfect pickup for those looking for the next Cut The Rope.
DescriptionGet the GAME OF THE YEAR award-winning puzzler!
Help Swampy by guiding water to his broken shower. Each level is a challenging physics-based puzzle with amazing life-like mechanics. Cut through dirt to guide fresh water, dirty water, toxic water, steam, and ooze through increasingly challenging scenarios! Every drop counts!
• Original Stories & Characters – Play through 4 unique stories featuring Swampy, Allie, Cranky and Mystery Duck. That’s over 500 amazing puzzles!
• Innovative Mechanic – See water in various forms and use your creativity to solve the puzzles – totally stimulating!
• Collectibles, Challenges, and Bonus Levels – Collect special items uniquely designed for each character and complete cool challenges to unlock bonus levels! “Tri-Duck” each level for ultimate bragging rights!
• Brand New Levels Every Week – Hurry and play before they expire, and be sure to use ‘Photo Finish’ to share how you beat the new levels!
• Synchronization – Share your hard earned progress across multiple iOS 5 devices!
Swampy the Alligator lives in the sewers under the city. He’s a little different from the other alligators – he’s curious, friendly, and loves taking a nice long shower after a hard day at work. But there’s trouble with the pipes and Swampy needs your help getting water to his shower!
Allie is the sewer's most creative alligator. Her quirky spirit and artistic talents made her a star. Now, the gators have crafted a one-of-a-kind steam-powered musical instrument, and can't wait to hear her play it! Help Allie get the steam she needs and enjoy her take on classic Disney tunes.
Cranky, a real gator’s gator, has a big appetite and will eat anything, from tires to old fish bones. But he refuses to eat his greens! Use the dirty purple water to clear the algae on Cranky’s plate so he can gobble up his “food”.
Catch this fancy teleporting Mystery Duck in this special chapter and hint hint - timing is everything! Find all kinds of surprises including the biggest duck ever, MegaDuck and cute little Ducklings!
Some stories may require a small additional price but try the FREE levels today!
Visit www.facebook.com/WheresMyWater for more hints, tips and secrets. Follow Swampy @SwampyTheGator on Twitter.
What's New in Version 1.12Calling all water fans, the Allie levels are finally here! Hurry and tri-duck them all now!
• Allie, the most creative and sassy alligator, debuts with 40 steam-filled levels! Collect all the musical instruments for even more bonus levels! Try 5 puzzles for FREE!
• Check out the “Weekly Rewind” pack in Lost Levels – play all the fun Swampy Levels of the Week with no expiration date!