Pastry Panic Review
- Deliciously sweet visual design; pixelated doesn't have to mean ugly!
- Two modes to master, each suited for shorter or longer play.
- Keeping it simple also means it fails to elaborate any further than speeding up; that said, unlocking costumes will provide some replay incentive to offset this.
Don't let its simple design fool you, Pastry Panic is a hit of sugar that's hard to resist.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
[Pastry Panic was featured as the Mini-Review for the Friday Wrap-Up on the 25th of May, 2012.]
Short, sweet and addictive - these are all words you could use to describe various kinds of pastries. These adjectives are similarly applicable to Underground Pixel's cute time-waster Pastry Panic. Featuring two gameplay modes, 'Mad Dash' and 'Toungue Tied', your main objective is to eat and thereby prevent various metal objects from passing across the screen on conveyor belts. In the first mode you can tap and swipe your way along these belts to nom on metal and pastries alike. Tongue Tied plants you in the middle of the screen and tapping will extend a tongue to slurp up objects as they pass by. Power-ups help and hinder in turn, but for every set of 10 pastries you collect you'll earn a coin which can go towards unlockable costumes. From its pixel-art visuals to its chip-tune soundtrack, the game is a simple, but strangely addictive affair that's perfect for gamers after something a bit more manic than normal.
DescriptionNow featured in Apple's "What We're Playing!"
Critics are raving:
"Pastry Panic could very well end up becoming your next metaphorical caffeine fix." - PocketGamer (7/10) (Bronze Award)
"Pastry Panic is as addictive as donuts, though thankfully far less fattening." - Gamezebo (4/5)
"Pastry Panic is destined for classic status." - 148Apps (4/5)
"Pastry Panic is delicious fun." - iPhoneAlley (9/10)
There's trouble brewing down at the old pastry factory, so management has sent you down to the belts. Oh no, there are bolts flying everywhere! Now you must gather them all to avoid clogging the gears, which would result in the factory becoming a gravel heap! Be sure to gather lots of pastries too, so you can rack up high scores on the leaderboards! All that and more in this new and exciting iOS adventure, Pastry Panic!
- Universal support for every device
- Beautiful HD retina graphics, even on the iPad 3
- Retro, detailed pixel art
- Four chiptune tracks for your listening delight
- Three game modes with challenging, iPad exclusive, variations
- Seven wicked power-ups
- Hat shop with 20 equippable items that can be purchased using in-game currency
- 3 special guest characters: Soosiz, Hurdle Turtle, and Draco!
- Stats page where you can track your progress
- Game Center leaderboards and achievements
- Endless replayability and fun for players of all ages
Follow us on Twitter for all the latest status updates on everything Underground Pixel! https://twitter.com/#!/UndergroundPixl
What's New in Version 1.3Dino is back! He wanted to treat all of those iCade-wielding players to a -- you guessed it -- ICADE UPDATE!!
Yes, that's right. Pastry Panic is now iCade compatible! Better yet, if you preorder/order a GameDock from Cascadia Games, you'll be able to play PP on your television! I know, we spoil our players way too much.