Nun Attack Review
- The game has a great sense of style.
- An interesting mix of action and strategy.
- The 'one swipe for everything' control scheme comes with its fair share of complications.
A strategy/action title involving nuns with guns and a great soundtrack. Not without its faults, but novel and enjoyable.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Nuns with Guns. This statement depending on who you are can sound foolish, hilarious, or awesome. It's our opinion that Frima studio was counting on that last option as Nun Attack is a strategy action title that pits a cadre of devout gun-toting Catholics against the forces of the undead in order to stop the terrible reign of their fallen sister... and really it's more action than strategy.
Each level consists of two portions. The first is dragging the sisters along a predetermined path, avoiding the fire of evil portals, all the while working towards destroying them. Once you hit a checkpoint or main portal, the game switches to the meat of the experience. Tapping and swiping on a sister will move them to where ever your finger rests. If an enemy is near them, they will open fire, and the trick is coordinating your team to cover the most ground against the horde of undead, all the while using your special sister powers to their full advantage. At the start of the game you can only bring one sister along with your main character, but as the world opens up, you'll soon be in control of all of them at the same time.
Once the level is over, experience is awarded for fulfilling mission requirements, as well as bonus currency used to purchase new weapons. Leveling up characters will increase their health and damage, while new weapons have different status effects that can greatly aid you in battle. This is where the strategy mainly reveals itself; in the loadout of your nuns. It would be great if the actual action had more of a strategical element to it, but with the imprecise pathing, and often having to drag a nun onto an enemy to get them to fire, you'll have your hands full just shooting everything in sight.
The presentation is fantastic though. The nuns are all uniquely designed, and the music will certainly have you bopping your head along. With plenty of missions, and an entire cathedral full of weaponry to unlock, fans will certainly get their value out of this title. Now some of you may still be asking “Why nuns? There's no real link to Catholicism in this game aside from the main characters”. Well remember the options given at the start of the review? This should give you the answer. Nuns with Guns, because it's cool.
Description- IGN: "Catholicism has never been so hardcore."
- Kotaku: "Bless me, Father, For I Freakin' Love Nun Attack"
- Gamezebo: "Nun Attack is an eye-opener from the moment you cast your gaze upon the icon in the App Store"
Days have gone by uncounted since the power-thirsty Fallen Nun has taken over the mortal world, spawning evil all over. In a world where Evil is taking over and prayers are no longer answered, there is only one type of divine intervention left, and it’s armed to death.
Join the battle of light against darkness. Lead your squad to defeat the Fallen Nun and restore balance to the World in this epic tactical action game!
Nun Attack delivers hours of hellish entertainment through exciting gameplay mechanics, intuitive touch screen controls and tongue-in-cheek character dialogues! Explore multiple worlds, equip your nuns with the most badass arsenal, level them up and fend off waves of enemies and bosses, beating some holy into hundreds of demons.
Not only do you get to play with bunch of nuns with guns, you ALSO get:
- 4 characters to mess with, each with a unique personality and super power
- 40 missions including multiple levels where you can experience more than 150 battles, 3 epic bossfights and a final, climactic face-off with the Fallen Nun
- Over 80 different guns with various effects (Poison, Shock, Freeze, Burn, Stun, Slow, DOT, AoE, Knockback, Fear, and Charm)
- 7 different evil-stomping miracles to cast while playing
- A full shop to get things rocking!
***Optimized for iPad 2 & 3, iPhone 4, 4s & 5, and iPod Touch 4!***
What's New in Version 1.0.6• Nun Attack is now available on iPhone 5
• You can now earn tons of free coins using the Tapjoy Offerwall
• Some minor bugs were fixed