Zombie Tsunami Review
- Great claymation art style coupled with bouncy, happy music makes for most enjoyable presentation.
- Lottery tickets and missions make coin collection for upgrades and other knick-knacks easy.
- You get to eat people, and turn them into zombies that join your horde.
- Those looking an in-depth gaming experience will not find it here.
Understanding what made games like Jetpack Joyride so enjoyable, Zombie Carnival carves its own path with a great claymation style and roaming hordes of the walking, and jumping dead.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
We've talked a lot before about that if you're going to copy the formula of a successful game, you'd best have a firm grasp on what actually makes that game work. That way you have a solid foundation to build on, and hopefully you change enough to make the game your own. Zombie Carnival has high aspirations, trying to replicate the endless runner fun of Jetpack Joyride, and you might be happy to find out that they succeed, wringing some enjoyment out of the market over-saturation of zombies in the process.
You start with a sole zombie, running and jumping to collect coins and avoid obstacles. It isn't long till you come across your first victim... I mean human. Chomping down on their delicious brains zombifies them and adds them to your horde, and they will follow your tap to jump actions, essentially acting as extra lives (adding a dash of Grim Joggers into the gameplay stew). Before you know it you'll have a whole gaggle of zombies following you as the game gets faster, and more mines and tanks are thrown at your merry band by the pitiful human army. When your last zombie finally bites the dust, any missions you have completed will tally up (awarding you with coins for leveling up), as well as the game cataloging the brains feasted upon. Filling the screen with brains from multiple plays will culminate in a lottery ticket, that can award you with random items from the store. The store is what you would expect. Coins can be spent on silly hats and novelties, but there's also an upgrade screen that adds bonuses to the play, which gives you something more to work towards.
Now a lot of the charm of Zombie Carnival comes from its presentation. There's something about games with a claymation style that just raises the fun level of the experience. From the wide-eyed stare of the zombies, to their eating animation, to the special giant form; it all combines to create nary a dull moment. And that's what the game has to offer, some quick enjoyable surface level gameplay that should keep you returning because of the missions and store upgrades. A game with depth this is not, but sometimes you need something a little simpler, especially when you get to eat people and flip over cars.
DescriptionThe zombies are revolting ! In Zombie Tsunami, take your place in a crowd of rampaging undead as you race through the city attacking the unfortunate survivors and adding them to your unstoppable throng of hungry, hot-footed horrors. It’s a Zombie Tsunami out there, and everyone is invited!
5/5 TouchGen.net - "If you’re looking for a fantastic game, look no further!"
4.5/5 TouchArcade - "Zombie Tsunami is a game you really need to own"
5/5 AppSmile - "Featuring Pixar-like graphics, simple controls, and plenty of content"
4.5/5 148Apps - "It’s fun madness, emphasis on fun."
5/5 iReviewT.com - "Revolutionary endless runner formula!"
5/5 AppSpy.com - "Zombie Tsunami carves its own path with a great claymation style and roaming hordes of the walking, and jumping dead"
- Add as many zombies to your hoard as you can.
- Frantic flesh-eating fun for all the family!
- Keep going as long as at least one zombie is still running (and it doesn’t have to be the zombie you started with).
- Collect 8 different power-ups and bonuses to run further and destroy more.
- Turn over cars, buses, vehicles and tanks to eat the survivors inside.
- 300+ different missions to devour.
- 9 worldwide locations to stampede your zombies through.
- Optimized for all models of iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
- Featuring Retina Blast Processing
Beginning with a single zombie running through the streets, chase down the living and add them to your chaotic procession of dashing undead. The more people you bite and add to your ranks, the longer the Zombie Tsunami can charge across the planet, eating everything in its way.
But brains aren’t the only thing you can eat as the Zombie Tsunami gets into full swing. Devour the bonuses and power-ups to activate the Giant Zombie with multiple lasers shooting out of its many eyeballs, sneak around the cities as a netherworld Ninja, or clone members of your zombie hoard with the UFO.
Zombie Tsunami is a fun-packed thrill-ride of destruction, excitement and tasty brains! Who can gather the biggest collection of charging zombies? Can you survive the gaping chasms, powerful bombs and streets filled with tanks with at least one flesh-eater still on its feet? Join the Zombie Tsunami and find out!
Try our other games: EDGE, Cross Fingers, Perfect Cell, Truckers Delight.
Follow us on twitter.com/Mobigame
Visit us on http://www.mobigame.net
What's New in Version 1.7.2- iCloud support
- Synchronization between devices if you connect to Facebook
- The coin doubler is now restorable (does not work if you bought it in an older version, contact us in this case)
- The Last Chance item will also slow down the game to make it easier
- We added a new Last Chance x5 item, which will give you 5 zombies!
- Best score to beat is shown during the game
- We added a tutorial for the newcomers (you can switch it on/off in the game options)
- Still for the newcomers, a new Starter Pack with an exclusive hat
- You can eat the same friend again every 2 hours (it was 4 before).
- And many bug fixes and improvements...
We are working on new cool stuffs for your zombies, thank you all for playing Zombie Tsunami !