Minigore 2: Zombies Review
- Literally pick-up-and-play; thrown straight in to a non-stop zombiefest and it's up to you when to stop.
- Randomized enemies and oodles of mini-bosses and level bosses keep things fresh.
- Plenty of upgrades that keep flowing thanks to generous gold drops.
- Weapons are either scarce or overly-abundant; an understandable function of the amount of zombies you're facing, but it can be frustrating running in circles like an idiot or constantly having your weapon traded for something you don't want.
While there's still not a lot of depth to this twin-stick shooter, Minigore 2: Zombies packs the perfect combination of fast-paced and varied action with a cartoonish presentation that's easy on the eyes.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Minigore could easily be considered one of the staple titles of the iOS platform - despite its (now) relatively mundane concept of throwing hordes of enemies at you while you control the hero with a twin-stick setup, its execution and presentation remained the high-water mark for a long time.
Mountain Sheep's sequel, Minigore 2: Zombies, returns without pomp or ceremony. As soon as you load up you're dumped straight in to the first stage and you can choose to use the auto-aim system or not. Either choice is perfectly fine as you'll be facing a horde of zombies right off the bat and the pressure doesn't let up - special zombies are thrown in to the mix (being either larger, faster, wielding a weapon, on fire, or a combination of all of these) to keep you on your toes.
Of course you'll earn coins from your kills or from completing the mini-objectives you're regularly handed, and at any time you can pause and head to the shop to unlock weapons, unlock stages, unlock new characters, and upgrade almost all of them too. The coins are generous and the upgrades are plenty, which is good because you'll need them to complete later stages.
You see, while the sense of an 'endless twin-stick shooter' is retained through restarting upon death, there is a way to finish a stage. Should you survive for long enough you'll face the 'boss' creature - take him down and glory is yours.
It's this unyielding, constant sense of ever-changing action that makes Minigore 2 a blast to play. The fact that it's sharp as a button with its presentation and packed with humorous catchphrases from each character only helps to showcase the already excellent arcade gameplay.
Minigore 2: Zombies isn't just how a sequel should feel, it's how the genre should have evolved long ago, and those who have been itching for a mindless romp should dig in straight away.
DescriptionMINIGORE 2: ZOMBIES IS A DUAL-STICK SHOOTER MASTERPIECE WITH OVER 4 MILLION PLAYERS WORLDWIDE!
The furries are gone and a new threat is emerging from the dark corners of Hardland.
You must help JOHN GORE fight his way through sunny lakes, graveyards and freezing plains into a stormy forest where the legendary METUSALEM has brought to life murderous chefs, giant lumberjacks, killer penguins, a single moose, three hundred rabbits and the entire undead army of the COSSACK GENERAL.
Will you survive?
Release trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4sGR32hPFA
Gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZQZ8L78-kw
"One of the best action games on the App Store and the new mobile twin-stick shooter gold standard." - IGN
"Minigore 2 feels like a true sequel that has improved upon the original in every way." - Toucharcade
"Minigore 2: Zombies is everything we expected, an intense, over-the-top bloodbath." - GameTrailers
"Minigore 2: Zombies is an instant classic. The endless list of unlockable weapons, characters, and items is more than enough to keep you going. The battles with enormous armies of zombies are full of excitement and fun, and the game maintains a humorous tone." - Slide to Play
"It's fantastic fun." - The Guardian
- iOS CONTROLLER SUPPORT
- 300 AWESOME CHALLENGES
- 20 PLAYABLE CHARACTERS featuring guest stars such as Bike Baron, Zombieville USA and Hook Champ!
- 60 DIFFERENT ENEMIES
- 7 UNIQUE BOSSES
- COLLECT LOOT TO BUY UPGRADES & ITEMS IN THE MERCHANT'S WAGON
- MELEE & RANGED combat with over 10 weapons!
- COMPANION & BEAST GAMEPLAY for each playable character
- PROCEDURAL ANIMATION brings zombie reactions to a whole new level
- PROPRIETARY ENGINE capable of showing 150 zombies on the screen at once
- RANDOM PATTERNS guarantee the fights never feel the same
- CINEMATIC LIGHTING that looks great on latest devices!
- UNIVERSAL BUILD
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MinigoreFanPage
What's New in Version 1.9UPDATE 9 BRINGS THE LORD OF FLIES!
-iPhone 5s and iPad Air have additional visual effects
-Lord of Flies playable character which is armed with a minigun
-Improved lighting and gore effects
-Improved top-down camera
-Improved cloud effect
-New fly enemies