- Simple controls backed up by intuitive physics; makes handling a breeze.
- Ghost vehicles encourage players to improve themselves.
- Fun power-ups change how you approach speedy times on each level.
- Trial-and-error gameplay requires a lot of restarts; not a game for the impatient.
- 'Party mode' feels absent; busy levels and ghosts feel like echoes of a frantic multiplayer mode.
MotoHeroz may be a stripped down version of its bigger console brother, but it packs a seriously addictive punch when it comes to trying to best your fastest-times and the times of those around the world; fun, simple and packed with cunning surprises for the competitive player.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Much like CAVE and their predictable, but almost always excellent bullet-hell shooters, RedLynx can be counted upon to add to their collection of time-trial titles. Fresh off the heels of their update to the Draw Race series, MotoHeroz is a side-on time-trial racer, but it's not entirely new for the company as it repackages a stripped down version of the Nintendo Wii title of the same name for the iOS platform.
'Stripped down' has such a nasty sound to it though and all you're likely to miss out on is the ability to fight it out directly with opposing vehicles on the same map. At its core though the game remains the same and more importantly its focus on pushing players to self-improve is as strong as ever.
You start out proceedings in a relatively ordinary side-scrolling world, complete with loose and bouncy physics that tread the line between being unrealistic and intuitve all at the same time. So far so RedLynx, but you're immediately placed up against two ghost cars - one representing the minimum requirements to pass the level, the other your nearest opponent on the leaderboards.
In this way you're motivated to achieve greater things, coming back to earlier stages and pushing yourself even harder (thanks to your upgraded vehicle) and inching yourself ever closer towards exclusive goals such as collecting the 'hidden' treasure chests filled with in-game cash.
Power-ups empower your vehicles with race-changing abilities that open up completely unique pathways to speeding up your run. They're not completely free-passes though as they require some skill to master without hindering your otherwise decent attempt.
Building upon games like 1000 Heroz, MotoHeroz is a fun and well considered entry in to the genre. There's a sort of beauty in the fine-details that encourage replay and attempting to master all of its stages will easily consume your spare time if you give it a chance.
Description#1 racing game in 76 countries !
From RedLynx, creators of DrawRace 2 and Trials HD!
MotoHeroz takes the fun, fast gameplay of a Trials style game, adds it to a frantic rally race, and delivers a fresh new kind of side-scrolling, platform racing game.
Players race, chase, and rally their way through a brightly colored world, competing against their friends for the fastest times, entering daily races, and hunting for secrets and coins.
Inspired by the critically acclaimed WiiWare game MotoHeroz, named “Best WiiWare Game of the Year” by IGN and Nintendo Life!
*** COOL FEATURES ***
- Physics-based racing: fun gameplay with 6 vehicles in 30 exciting tracks
- Single player fun: Unlock tracks by beating opponents and different challenges
- Fun for many: Race against your friends in asynchronous multiplayer on each track
- Claim the top spot: Global and Friends Leader Boards let gamers compete against each other
- Fully optimized: File size under 20 Mb and blazing fast load times, instant restarts
- Upgrade your vehicle and acquire in-game goodies for super boosts
- Gather secrets: Find all of the hidden treasures to beat the game 100%
“MotoHeroz is a remarkable achievement in track design and high score-chasing.” – Pocket Gamer
“It's another downloadable delight from a developer that takes having fun very seriously indeed.” - Eurogamer
“MotoHeroz is another fantastic entry in a genre that RedLynx has taken command of.” -- 148 Apps
Keep in Touch!
If you have any feedback, please email us at [email protected]
What's New in Version 3.0MotoHeroz's new Rival update introduces intense Player versus Player challenges, letting you take on your Facebook friends directly – or challenge anyone in the world!
Rival Mode is a new gameplay mode that brings intense head-to-head matches to the wild world of MotoHeroz. To start a race, simply choose any of your Facebook friends who play MotoHeroz, or let the game choose a random opponent for you from the millions in the world.
You'll then have one opportunity to make the best time possible on a randomly chosen track. Then your friend receives the challenge and must try and beat your score in one go. If your friend is too slow to respond, give him a poke to get him going! After both of you have raced, watch a replay showing both buggies in action, to see exactly how you triumphed – or where it all went horribly wrong!
- Facebook Integration - Challenge your Facebook Friends ... or a random MotoHeroz player!
- New Replay System – Watch the results of your one-on-one challenge!
- BONUS: MotoHeroz is now Free-to-play!