Where's My Water? 2 Review
- The level design is still smart and engaging.
- Some of the new goals and challenges are entertaining.
- Impossible to play for longer than 10 or 15 minutes without putting your hand in your pocket.
- Energy bar cannot be removed no matter how much you pay.
- IAPs offer terrible value for money.
It's games like Where's My Water? 2 which give the free-to-play model a bad reputation. One of the most cynical games I have ever played.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Where's My Water? 2 is a difficult game to play. Not because the earth-filled maps are especially tough to negotiate. Or because the physics are broken or unpredictable.
No, Where's My Water? 2 is a difficult game to play because it doesn't want to be played. At least, not in the manner you or I might be accustomed to.
Things start off promisingly. The water-funnelling gameplay of the original title makes a strong return, along with the revival of shower-loving protagonist Swampy the Alligator. He's joined by his DLC buddies Allie and Cranky from the off, each of whom put different demands upon the player.
While Swampy wants clean water funneled to his shower, Cranky needs icky purple goo directed onto his dinner plate. Meanwhile Allie, the musician of the group, has you pushing steam into her pipes so she can play a merry ditty on her pipe organ.
Once completed, each level can be replayed usung a different set of rules and goals. Some challenges flip the level upside down, while others see you having to prevent water from touching any of the collectible ducks.
While the variety should be welcome, you can't help but feel that these challenges are largely padding, artificially extending the life of the game by making you repeat levels over and over.
However, a little padding is far from Where's My Water? 2's worst crime.
You see, as this is a freemium release, Disney has decided to include an energy bar which drains each time you play a level. After around nine levels, the game locks you out, displaying a timer which tells you when you can start playing again.
Initially the timer displays two minutes. You wait two minutes. You play another level. You then find yourself immediately staring at another time, only this one is counting down from ten minutes.
You can pay 69p / 99c to fill the energy bar again. You can even pay £11.99 / $17.99 to extend the length of the bar. But no matter how much money you throw at it, the bar will never go away.
Suddenly, you're focusing less on how best complete each level, worrying instead about how much energy you have left, and whether you can afford to have another go without having to wait for half an hour.
Because the game is always trying force its hands into your pockets, it actually makes you wary of firing it up. And, even if you have a bottomless wallet, the stingy refills offer terrible value for money.
Where's My Water? provided over a hundred levels (including updates) for a buck. It let you play how you wanted, when you wanted, for however long you wanted.
Where's My Water? 2 will let you play nine levels for a buck, and then tells you to pay up again or walk away. Our advice: Walk away and don't look back.
DescriptionGet ready to join Swampy, Allie, and Cranky on their NEXT exciting adventure!
The sequel to the most addicting physics-based puzzler from Disney has finally arrived. Where’s My Water? 2 launches with three brand new locations including the Sewer, the Soap Factory, the Beach. Best of all, the puzzles are all free! Cut through dirt, and guide fresh water, purple water, and steam to help Swampy and his friends!
• Play 100+ levels and challenges with a brand new look in the Gator universe featuring Swampy, Allie, Cranky, and Mystery Duck!
• Introducing ‘Challenge Modes’ to replay the levels in explosive new ways!
• Dig as fast as you can and get as many duckies as possible in ‘Duck Rush’ levels!
• ‘Tri-ducking’ is now faster, better and more fun with boosts, such as Vacuum, Dropper, and Absorber! Small fees may be required for these additional boosts.
• Connect through Facebook and see if you can beat your pals on the adventure!
• Experience fun mechanics that are uniquely designed for each character!
• Complete achievements and earn special themed duckies such as gladiator-duckie, astronaut-duckie, hula-duckie, and many more!
• Stuck on a level? Use hints to help you solve the puzzles!
Become a fan on www.facebook.com/wheresmywater or visit us on Twitter @Swampythegator to receive exclusive news and game tips from the Gator community!
Where’s My Water? is a multiple Game of the Year award-winning puzzle game. The Where's My... franchise has received hundreds of millions of downloads to date. Check out Where’s My Mickey? and Where's My Perry? for more refreshing water-physics fun!
This app has been optimized for OS 6.0 and above.
Before you download this experience, please consider that this app contains social media links to connect with others, in-app purchases that cost real money, push notifications to let you know when we have exciting updates like new content, as well as advertising for The Walt Disney Family of Companies and some third parties.
What's New in Version 1.2.1Now a whopping update with BRAND NEW locations, challenges, AND collectibles!
• 40 new levels across 2 adventure-filled locations: "Pirate Cove" is a crazy cavern of treasures and mysteries, and see a Gator-style Mardi Gras celebration in "Party in the Park"!
• Put your skill to the test and see how fast you can complete 70 NEW Challenges & 6 Fun Collectibles!
• Don't forget to check out all-new balloon mechanics!
Where's My Water? 2 is now bigger than EVER with 300+ levels & challenges!