Sons of Anarchy: The Prospect iPad Review
- Publisher: Orpheus Interactive Inc.
- Genre: Adventure
- Released: 29 Jan, 2015
- Size: 410.2 MB
- Price: $1.99
- It's quite short
- Sets the story up reasonably well for the next episode
- Very, very clunky
- Some really silly ideas (electrocution, massage, train dodge)
- Everything chugs almost all of the time
A slightly lacklustre adventure game. There might be something here for fans of the TV show, but it won't be very much.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
The Sons of Anarchy TV show might have come to a miserable end, but Orpheus Interactive has released Sons of Anarchy: The Prospect, a grim and gritty adventure game set in the same universe. There are bikes, there are swear words, and there are cringe-worthy speeches about honour and loyalty.
But is it actually any cop? Pocket Gamer's Harry Slater reckons not. Have a gander at the video above to find out why.
Description***PLEASE NOTE: This game is compatible only with iPad 4th generation, iPad Air and iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina and iPad Mini Retina 2 and iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6 and 6+. IT WILL NOT RUN ON EARLIER DEVICES, including: iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad 1, iPhone 4S, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 5th generation, iPod Touch 4th generation and iPod Touch 3rd generation***
It’s your time to ride! Sons of Anarchy: The Prospect is the official 10-episode gaming experience based on the adrenalized drama, Sons of Anarchy, created by Kurt Sutter.
You play the role of Clint Lancet, a young man trying to avoid the outlaw lifestyle in Lincoln, Oregon, home to a Sons of Anarchy motorcycle club (SAMLIN). There’s nothing “Charming” about Lincoln, a decaying town on the precipice of economic collapse. Clint’s future is in your hands as you guide his actions and decisions within the dark and disturbing world of SAMLIN.
A NEW CHAPTER
Created in conjunction with the SOA writing team, The Prospect introduces a brand-new story featuring a never-before-seen Oregon chapter of the Sons of Anarchy motorcycle club. Meet new characters, see some familiar faces from SAMCRO (and more!) and experience crossover stories from the show.
EVERY DECISION COUNTS
The actions you take and the relationships you forge in each episode will have lasting consequences.
DIVERSE, FIRST-PERSON GAMEPLAY
The Prospect offers an authentically gritty SOA experience in addition to a variety of gameplay—mixing meaningful story and decision-making with intuitive puzzles and mini games, as well as first-person motorcycle driving and fighting.
Save up to 20% by purchasing the Season Pass and get all current and future episodes in the ten-episode ongoing story of Sons of Anarchy: The Prospect. Episode 2 is currently in development, and will become available on your device when launched.
What's New in Version 1.3Thank you for downloading Sons of Anarchy: The Prospect! We're committed to constantly improving our users' experiences on all supported devices, which includes: iPad 4 and up, and iPhone 5 and up.
New in version 1.3:
* By popular demand, the new Profiles feature allows you to create multiple save files on the same device. Your existing progress is saved as Profile 1.
* New Episodes screen, on which you can learn about upcoming releases. If you've purchased a season pass, new episodes will be downloadable through this screen when they are available.
* Improved performance by reducing memory usage throughout the game.
* Game telemetry data is now being collected by Unity Analytics instead of GameAnalytics. You as players will see no difference, but rest assured this change will help us find trouble spots and improve the game.
* Additional bug fixes, tweaks and improvements based on your feedback. See a problem? Visit our new support site at http://orpheus.helpshift.com