- Excellent graphics.
- Challenging yet enjoyable gameplay.
- Vast selection of mini games as well as story mode.
- Tilt controls seem a little over sensitive.
- Can take a little time to load.
If you enjoyed this game on either PC or PSOne when it was first released, then you will love this latest port to iPhone as it contains all the elements of the original with extra goodies such as better graphics, a great soundtrack and additional mini games to play.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Its been 10 years since Driver was first released on the PC and PSOne, and now thanks to Gameloft players have the opportunity to relive the action and excitement of this classic now on iPhone. For those who aren't familiar with the title, Driver is an open-world driving game which follows the story of Tanner, an undercover cop who has been chosen to infiltrate a criminal syndicate by posing as a talented getaway driver.
Unlike similar titles such as GTA and Gangstar, Driver focuses primarily on skilled driving as you remain in the car though out the duration of the game. Players can choose between touch or tilt controls. The tilt controls however seem to be a tad over sensitive at times causing a lot of unnecessary crashes, so the touch controls are a better choice as they seem to give better steering. There are also several different minigames for players to try out as well as the story mode, sadly however there is no multiplayer feature available.
The graphics for this game are on par with that of the PSOne release but have been enhanced to give a more polished look and better frame rates. The soundtrack has an enjoyable 70's vibe and players can use their radio in game to switch between stations, much like GTA.
In the end, it goes without saying that those who were fans of the original Driver release will love this latest port to iPhone. However the game does pose a small degree of difficulty, and because of this it isn't recommended for anyone who is a bit shy of a challenge.
Description"Gameloft has completely spruced up all the original graphics making for a much more colorful and visually impressive game than the original." (TouchArcade)
"Though Gameloft kept the seventies groove of the original Driver, the upgraded visuals are immediately noticeable. It's not just that car models and building architecture are cleaner. Gameloft gave Driver a fresh paint job" (IGN)
Discover the most stunning racing game ever created for the iPhone. Driver, the game that introduced a new genre of driving games, is back with its amazing physics and fully revamped graphics.
You are Tanner, an undercover cop posing as a getaway driver with the goal of exposing a national crime ring. The investigation will take you to Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York.
- A breathtaking story mode with 40 missions spanning 4 giant cities, and additional modes to keep the interest up (Training, Free Play mode, Driving games)
- Unprecedented driving physics: unbelievable stunts with flinging turns, stomach-dropping jumps and impressive crashes. Your car takes damage and can potentially explode!
- The most realistic urban environments on iPhone, with revamped visuals, detailed textures and beautiful lighting effects. Each city has working traffic lights, wandering pedestrians, moving traffic and vigilant cops on patrol.
- A great soundtrack, with 3 radio stations broadcasting tracks inspired by 70s music
With Driver, you are the wheelman.
Other Gameloft games you may like: Gangstar: West Coast Hustle, Asphalt 5, Skater Nation, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X, James Cameron’s Avatar and N.O.V.A. – Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance.
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.