Inotia 4 Review
- Publisher: Com2uS Corp.
- Genre: Role Playing
- Released: 26 Apr, 2012
- Size: 65.2 MB
- Price: FREE!
- Detailed 2D sprite-work.
- Party-system adds some management complexity.
- Online backups for save files.
- Odd class design features; skill requirements almost at odds with required stats for improvement.
- Reliance on IAP to cover the games item short-fall; usual requirements of grinding to craft/repair/improve.
- Stiff, unresponsive controls.
The KRPG as a genre needs to move forward from clunky, restrictive games like Inotia 4 if it wants to see success beyond its niche on the App Store; a decent title for fans, but an otherwise hard sell even at its low entry fee.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
As it is, and so shall it always be, given the fullness of time, yet another sequel to a somewhat popular KRPG series makes its way on to the App Store. Inotia 4: Assassin of Berkel by Com2us is the next on the chopping block, and it seemingly fails to learn from the past, instead seeking to exploit its free-to-play status.
You are once again in the control of a teenager keen to prove himself (in this case as the 'virtuoso' of the Shadow Tribe) and you're thrown in to a 'whirlwind' story that revolves around the Channel of Light. After choosing from one of six classes, you can try your luck at plowing through obtuse quests with repetitive tasks in the almost futile goal of earning better gear and higher levels, in order to make your way further through the game.
Let me digress for a moment here - if KRPGs are something that get you excited, this is not the review for you; individual gameplay features such as skill trees; action-oriented combat; crafting; and overly complex side-missions and bosses aren't bad in and of themselves, but it's the way in which games like Inotia 4 utilize them that's in question.
Notably, you feel the cold-hard grasp of someone expecting you to purchase gems via IAP in order to get the most out of all of these features. Grinding is your alternative, but even if you choose to grab the paid version your only reward is a removal of advertising and a handful of gems... no gameplay tweaks to ensure a smoother experience.
Speaking of smooth - the controls also bear discussion as they're particularly unbearable in this iteration. Despite the use of a virtual stick the game insists on wooden, four-direction movement and while the auto-attack system will save your poor thumb from abuse, the alignment requirements and responsiveness are both seriously lacking.
In short, Inotia 4 is let down by a plague of problems - not the least of which are odd character design issues borne of the game's stat-system. The story and graphics may shine through, but it's a hard sell for those who aren't already in love with the genre.
DescriptionWhich side will you choose when two epic forces rise again?
The Inotia saga has been brought to the next level! 《Inotia 4》
The App Store's number 1 RPG chronicles of the Inotian continent has returned with more action and more thrills with exciting party mechanics and other mystical journeys.
Stride along with Kiyan, the Shadow Tribe's virtuoso, and Eara, the powerful Channel of Light, in their fantasy adventure story.
With improved graphics and storyline from the previous Inotia games, get wrapped up in battles against goblins, orcs, and more!
A new hero awaits to be released from the shadows in this all-new Inotian continent mobile RPG action game.
- In case of experiencing missing save data file, please re-login to Com2uS hub to load latest save data file
- All known issues will be fixed in future versions. Thank you for your patience and feedback!
- If you previously played the free version, you can load your old data through data backup SAVE/LOAD. Please check the Settings menu!
TouchArcade: "Inotia 4 will have you mashing buttons, switching hot keys, pondering talent points and beating on artillery turtles without so much as a second thought."
Capsule Computers: "The Chronicles of Inotia IV: Assassin of Berkel...It has the art, the storyline, and the style going for it."
8 Days a Geek: "Inotia 4 may just be that missing game you’re looking for."
- 6 Classes, 90 Skills
Choose from 6 classes; Black Knight, Assassin, Warlock, Priest, and Ranger.
15 different skills are added to each class. Combine all skills to customize your party's strategy.
- Convenient Party System
Mercenaries can be recruited to your party anytime and anywhere.
Once all mercenaries are recruited, 20 or more unique 'mercenary skills' will help you along your journey.
- One Of The Largest Mobile RPG Maps
Dry deserts and freezing snowfields, mysterious forests and dark dungeons...
400 maps with various themes to roam through!
- A Tragic Destiny and Other Schemes await the Shadow Assassin and the Channel of Light
A breathless chase-and-run story where the two heroes meet companions, enemies, and monsters; Be immersed in emotions as the darkness and light contradicts in force...
Enjoy a stronger, and better, scenario.
- Exclusive Sub-quests Ready To Be Unraveled
Enjoy other sub-quests in each region of the Inotian continent besides the main story.
As you accomplish the quests, you will get your hands on some extraordinary items.
Listen to stories of each villager and monster to unfold other mysteries.
Device App Access Permission Notice
▶ Notice per access permission
Access permissions are requested in order for us to provide you with the following service when you use the app.
- Notifications: The permission is required to send you push notifications regarding the game.
- Camera: The permission is required to take profile pictures for HIVE members.
- Contacts: The permission is required to find friends registered to contacts for HIVE members.
- Photos: The permission is required to save/load game screens and change profile pictures for HIVE members.
※ Please note that you can still enjoy the service excluding features related to the above without giving access permissions.
▶ How to remove access permissions
You can always change access permission settings whenever you'd like.
- Device Settings> Select the corresponding app> Choose either to enable/disable access
＊Supports: English, 한국어, 日本語, 中文简体, 中文繁體.
* iOS 7.0 and up is required starting with v1.2.5.
• Items are available for purchase in this game.
• For Com2uS Mobile Game Terms of Service, visit
- Terms of Service : http://terms.withhive.com/terms/policy/view/M9/T1
• For questions or customer support, please contact our Customer Support by visiting http://www.withhive.com/help/inquire
What's New in Version 1.3.2The classic action RPG, Inotia 4!
We've fixed up some minor bugs!
Got feedback? Leave a review or visit http://www.withhive.com/help/inquire and drop us a line!