German Dictionary + ©
- App Store Info
DescriptionThe #1 German English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & Apple Watch ◇ Offline Dictionary Compiled by Professional Linguists ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Phrasebook ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Loved by Millions
"Apps from Vidalingua are hugely popular... they're free and they work offline, handy when you're actually abroad." New York Times
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
“This online dictionary is so comprehensive that it often contains words or idioms that I cannot find in my paperback dictionary. I am a retired language professor.”
“This app includes more reliable features than any of the others I’ve tried. The customer service people are great, very helpful.”
“My students are ditching their books for iPads so I looked at apps and websites with quality material. This is the app I recommend.”
“This app helped me through my class for school. It’s great and has pronunciation, spelling, example sentences with words, etc. 10/10.”
“Great for Travel. Very helpful to find words and phrases without an internet connection.”
German Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. It includes features you won’t find in any other app and it’s trusted by millions of users who have given it the highest rating average of any app in its category.
• German English Dictionary with over 648,000 offline entries. Includes numerous translations, usage examples, part-of-speech, images, and gender for German nouns. Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
• Best verb conjugator of any app including 4,044 German verbs, 4,318 English verbs. Over 911,200 verb forms in all!
• Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends.
• Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
• Flashcards. Create study lists based on dictionary favorites.
• Offline pronunciation in German & English. Settings for speed and accent (Germany, US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
• iPad Split Screen support so you can drag & drop words from other apps into German Translator & Dictionary + to translate them.
• Apple Watch support with voice lookups so you can say a word and find translations quickly.
• Advanced voice recognition to enter words and phrases hands-free. Useful for practicing pronunciation.
• Helpful dictionary features such as single index search, reverse lookup and sharing entries with friends.
• Integrated access to Wikipedia, Wiktionary and other online sources for dictionary words.
• Dictionary word attachments for notes, images and audio clips.
• My Phrases section of phrasebook to add your own translations.
• Vidalingua Pro includes more dictionary examples, more verb forms, a bigger phrasebook and no ads. By upgrading, you’ll be supporting our team of linguists, developers and customer success partners who greatly appreciate your support!
“This is a really excellent dictionary. Easy to use, great conjugation tables and some great added features like voice input and word pronunciation.”
“This has been an extremely useful app as I prepare for a language exam and review verb conjugations.”
“I love this app so much! It is a complete package for finding almost anything starting from words to phrases.”
At Vidalingua, we consider every user a partner to help us make the best app in the world for learning German.
Download German Dictionary + for free and start learning today!
What's New in Version 8.3.15Hi Partners / Hallo Partner,
This version adds polish and a few creature comforts. A heartfelt thanks to our testers!
If you have any issues, please email [email protected]
* Enhanced support for Dynamic Text (large text sizes) on Dictionary history and favorites lists.
* Added the ability to delete words from the Dictionary lookup history list.
* Improved Dictionary entries for verbs such as “be”, “am”, and “are”.
* Fixed issue which caused words at the end of dictionary and verb lookup lists to be hidden under the keyboard.
* Enhanced Flashcard screen layout, icons, and increased the tap-able area of the Next Card arrow.
* Added multi-line support for Flashcard words that exceeded the line length.
* Fixed issues with Quick Start menu that appears when you hold down app icon.
* Added hundreds of German & English idioms, slang, love words, swear words and funny expressions to the dictionary.
* Minor bug fixes, screen layout and help improvements.
If you like free updates, please rate our app 5-stars in the App Store. Thanks!