Word Reader - Skinny Books 3
- Publisher: Compass Syndicate Corporation
- Genre: Education
- Released: 6 Aug, 2020
- Size: 91.5 MB
- Price: $1.99
- App Store Info
DescriptionThe third Word Family Reader continues to bring a fun way for children to learn to read. The new stories use rhyming words that have the same ending sound but a different beginning sound. Ace has space for a race and Jane got on a plane are just two more of 42 entertaining stories.
The Word Family Reader approach is endorsed by educators as a great way for young children to acquire a basic knowledge of phonics. There are no pictures in these books. When children read them, they are truly reading – not relying on pictures to recognize words.
Word Family Readers – 1, 2 and 3
• start young children reading right away.
• have 126 stories to be read.
• provide audio versions of each story.
• reinforce reading skills through games.
• teach children to read and spell 600 one-syllable words.
The stories also incorporate a large number of sight words.
The two authors of this series, Peggy Gisler and Marge Eberts, are very experienced reading teachers who –
• have written more than 50 textbooks for beginning readers that are used in schools across the country.
• teach teachers how to teach reading.
• hold reading specialist degrees (Ed.S.) in education.
• won the Children’s Reading Round Table award for their beginning reader – Pancakes, Crackers, and Pizza.